Chapter 31 - The Start of an Unimaginable Story

*3rd PoV*

AFO: "Todoroki Shouko, what is your answer?"

A question, just a simple question asking for an answer that will decide her future. It wasn't even fair for the young teen to be in this situation. Once in her life, all she ever wanted was to become a hero. But then Y/N came and changed her goals and aspiration.

And now, she has to choose. Him, or her. To be together, or to be on the heroic path. To be true to her feelings, or to be faithful to her original dream.

It was just simply unfair.

Shouko: '...if I come with him...'

She thinks desperately. If she comes with All For One, she would lose a lot, and that's just an understatement. Leaving her family behind, her friends, her school, her previous life, her original dream, she would lose the things that were dear to her for fifteen years now. For a regular person, that's just too much of a cost.

But for Shouko, is it worth it to leave those all behind?

Shouko: '...Y/N...'

Is Y/N really more worth it than those things?

Shouko: '...I'm sorry...... everyone....'

And alas, she has made her decision.

To leave everything behind to be with the one she loves.

*step*

Taking a step forward, then another. She limps her way towards All For One. Head hung low, arms swaying, she ambles her way to the smirking man.

AFO: 'Todoroki Shouko... you are an enigma, one that is full of purely desperate feelings.... how naive and amusing.' He thinks. 'I can already see how valuable of a piece you will become.'

Seeing their fellow student walking to the villain who pummeled their teacher, the students of UA could only gawk at Shouko. All unbelieving of her choice to join the villains' side.

Yaoyorozu: "T-Todoroki-san?"

Hagakure: "W-What is she doing... walking towards...."

Bakugo: "You.... what the fuck..."

As Shouko walked, she could hear her classmates' gasps and remarks. Naturally, Shouko felt uncomfortable and anxious. Her mind was questioning her decision constantly.

Did she really make the right decision?

???: "TODOROKI-SAN!!!"

With a shout of someone's voice, Shouko halts her limping and slowly looks back to the person who called out her name. And her eyes set sight to the student who raised his voice...

Shouko: "Midori... ya?"

From the burst of his voice, all eyes were set on the extremely bruised boy. He stood there staring at Shouko with a direct gaze, his limp arms beside him unmoving, and his expression was one filled with bewilderment and deceit.

Midoriya: "What do you think you're doing..." His tone leaning on the abrasive side.

Shouko: "W-Wha-"

Midoriya: "Why are you going to All For One's side?!" He yelled. Shouko, including everyone else, was surprised at his outburst. "Are you really going to betray what the heroes have done for us? Sacrificing everything you have just to be together with a villain's wretched son?!"

Midoriya, swayed by his running emotions, bursts out. Taking out all his anger and malice onto poor Shouko.

Midoriya: "Y/N..... is a villain! You have no right to be with someone like him Todoroki-san! He's done many horrible things as the villain Ripper. He lied to us all, he killed many heroes, and he even...... All Might..." His eyes winced hard, other students feeling the leaking terror and anger he was feeling. "He has no humane feelings, he thinks we're all just some strangers meant to help him with his plan to betray us all. We all trusted him.... bonded with him..... laughed with him.... and yet Y/N.... was the traitor who robbed All Might of everything!"