confessions

"So... you're telling me that Ro challenged the boys to admit that they...." Sophie trailed off, staring at Biana through her Imparter and feeling dumbfounded and shocked at the same time.

Even through the square gadget, she could hear Biana laughing at her.  "Sophie, you are literally the most oblivious person on the planet.  Has it never occurred to you that either of them might like you?"

"Well after Dex... and after I broke up with Fitz...."

Biana looked at her sympathetically, even though Sophie had never known her to have as much boy trouble as she had.

"Eek!  Meeting Tam in ten minutes.  I have to check my hair!"

"Go," Sophie said, laughing.  "Have fun!"

"I will if you will," Biana reasoned.  "Something tells me that this bet of Ro's is going to cause a lot of drama- but hey, what else is new?"

"They always do," Sophie promised, and she closed her Imparter.

__________

"You told her?" Fitz demanded, as soon as Tam dropped Biana off at Everglen a few hours later, both of them laughing.

Biana pulled out her hairbrush and started to comb through the perfectly chocolate brown locks.  "Maybe... I don't know!  How does it not kill you knowing how perfectly oblivious she is about this?  I mean, somebody had to clue her in.  Ro tried a few times, but Keefe-"  Biana shrugged, pinning back her hair with a clip.

"That doesn't mean you have to- I mean, it was awkward enough knowing that we'd broken up and everything and then you tell her that I still like her-"

"You do?!" Biana gasped, perfectly agog with this new piece of gossip.  Fitz turned a similar shade of red to the dresses that Biana made Sophie dress up in during their sleepovers.

"I mean... yeah.... kinda.  The breakup was my fault anyways even though she was being all secretive.  I- I didn't really trust her and I guess she didn't trust me either," Fitz mumbled.

"You think?" Biana deadpanned, pushing her older brother out of her room.  "I swear, if Tam hadn't asked me out I would've just followed you over to Sophie's and made you tell her. The least you can do is get it over with."

Fitz glared at her.  "Stop getting involved in my love life."

Biana raised an eyebrow.  "I'm surprised you have one."

And then the door slammed shut.

____________

"I'm not going back there," Keefe said, trying to resist Ro as she literally dragged him to his feet, pushing him towards the Havenfield doors.

Ro rolled her eyes.  "Toughen up!  Foxfire starts tomorrow, and this is Sophie's first year in the Elite Levels, remember?  It's you and Fitzy's second or whatever, but this is all new to her.  So really, it's now or never."

"Not never," Keefe argued, but the shiny daggers hanging from Ro's metal diaper made him clamp his mouth shut, carefully extract her sharp claws from where they were pulling him along on his shirt, and say, "Fine. I can walk there by myself."

Keefe caught a glance of Sophie sitting at her bedroom, right by the windowsill, her long blonde hair swung over her shoulder and her golden-flecked brown eyes glittering.  Keefe's heart fluttered- but then he remembered that that was how Sophie felt every time she saw Fitz, not him, and he looked away.

Ro rolled her eyes again.  Honestly, how did she roll her eyes that much without getting them permanently stuck somewhere? Keefe thought.

"Ready?" Ro said giddly, looking way to eager.

"I hate you so much right now," Keefe mumbled, giving her a piercing glare.

Ro had never looked so satisfied in her life.

hi guys ! thanks for supporting this fanfic <3 

love u all to the moon and back xx