breakup

"That... was.... the... best.... thing.... I've....ever....seen!" Keefe panted between laughs, practically choking on his words as he rolled around the floor cackling manically. 

"Do you think Fitz'll be okay?" Sophie asked nervously, glaring at her boyfriend.

"Oh come on Foster, live a little!" Keefe kept laughing and slapped her shoulder. "That was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in my life! Did you see his face when he knocked over the forks? I wish I was a Telepath so I could project the memory and show it to him- oooh or maybe I could paint it-"

He went back to laughing hysterically and rolling around on the floor.

Sophie sighed at him and fixed her gaze back on the camera. Fitz looked mortified, standing ram-rod straight and flushing so hard he looked like he was going to overheat and explode. Everyone around them had broke apart, stopped eating, and were staring from Fitz to Marella..

And for a second Marella just stared at Fitz, some gooey substance that Sophie really didn't want to know about dripping from her blonde braids and sliding down her forehead.

"I can't even- ugh." She shot him a death glare so evil that Fitz practically withered down to a pathetic little shrub before stomping out of the door without caring to look back.

_______________

 "Ma-"

"Not a word," Marella warned, shoving her fingers through her liquid-covered hair. "Not a word about this. Not. A. Word."

Lord Redek obediently backed off, staring at his daughter in bewilderment. But she didn't care.

Was that on purpose?

Okay, fine. If she was giving Fitz the benefit of the doubt, then no, it was a complete accident, he was super sorry, and he really, really didn't need to get some of that annoyingly perfect hair-do burnt off and singed for spraying her in front of an audience with food.

Nope. Totally unnecessary. 

But... she was Marella. Marella Redek- and really, was all that sappy forgiveness really her thing?

Nope! she answered cheerfully for herself.

And to think she'd been falling for that stupid boy...

She rinsed the ketchup and caramel from her hair with soap seven times (Biana would be proud,) and glared at her reflection in the mirror.

"You fell for Fitz Vacker," she told herself lowly, and sighed.

She decided to go in to wash her hair for the eighth.

__________________

"How did it turn out? Who did Sophie ask you to go with- oh wait," Biana interrupted herself. "Don't tell me- are you guys dating?"

"Me and Sophie?" Fitz asked, horrified.

"Psh-  I wish," Biana added. "I meant you. And the girl. Let me guess.... was it.... hmm, Linh?"

"No it.. I'm not telling you," Fitz grumbled, sinking onto Biana's perfectly made bed.

Biana grinned at him evilly. "Okay... then was it....Stina?"

"No!"

"Maruca?"

"Nope."

"Sophie?"

Fitz looked at her. "Why in the world would you- it was Marella!"

Biana gasped. "Awww... Sophie should be a matchmaker one day, that's the cutest couple I've ever seen her think of! What was it like? What did you eat? Where was it? Did you kiss? Are you dating-?"

"It was horrible," Fitz mumbled- arg, why did Biana always get him to confide in her? He recapped the entire night, probably turning a very embarrassing shade of bright red.

And for a minute they were silent.

"Wow, blind dates never really work out for you, do they?" she asked quietly.

"No, not really. I... kinda liked Marella."

And... then the annoying sister mode was back; "YOU LIKED MARELLA?! But- I can't even- go make it up to her! Buy her flowers or something or chocolates or... wait a second, does Marella even like chocolate? Just... THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING DAY OF MY LIFE MY OLDER BROTHER HAS A CRUSH ON MY FRIEND AND I CAN'T EVEN-"     

Fitz shot her a disgruntled glare and stormed out of her room.