preparation

"Uh uh- no more blind dates," Fitz announced as Keefe grinned at him with his trademark smirk. "That worked out... well, not well last time."

"But that was Biana!" Keefe agrued. "Don't you trust me?"

"No," Fitz deadpanned, and Keefe cracked a smile.

"Aw, come on! Think of it this way:" Keefe gripped Fitz's shoulder and reached his arm to the sky dramatically. "I know it's a girl you've been thinking of lately and you couldn't work up the guts to ask her out."

"Sophie?" Fitz asked him quizzically, and Keefe glared at him pointedly.

"Okay... so apparently you don't know." Keefe raised a suspicious eyebrow. "But trust me- it'll work out fiiiiiinnnneeee."

"Yeah.. fffiiiiiinnnnneeee," Fitz repeated. "But... really. Do I really want to do this?"

"And... that's a yes from Fitzy!" Keefe pumped his fist to the air and gave him a high-five. "You trust me, right?"

"Toooottallly." The eyeroll Fitz gave him was legendary.

_______________________

"You actually got him to agree?" Sophie asked him, dubiously, as he fake-pranced into the Havenfield pastures.

"Yup!" Keefe grabbed the slimy bucket that she was using to scoop up Wynn and Luna's sparkly alicorn poop with and started doing it instead. "How'd it go with Marella?"

"Wow." Sophie stared at his boyfriend- and she might've gotten just a tiny bit carried away watching his strong arms shovel up the disgusting manure and the wind whip at his blonde hair. "If you're picking up alicorn poop, you must be in a very good mood- not that I'm complaining," she added quickly.

"Anything for you, my Lovely Lady F," Keefe told her, dropping to a dramatic bow.

"She actually agreed," Sophie continued, ignoring the "Lovely Lady F" part. "She said she trusted me to pick somebody that was at least have decent."

"But she hated the Vackers, remember?" Keefe laughed, and Sophie recalled her second year- or first year as an elf -with nostalgia. "She and Dex were like the, 'Boo Wonderboy and Wondergirl' parade all day."

"Things have... changed," Sophie said carefully. "Besides- she's not in the Elite Levels, remember? So she doesn't have to deal with being harassed by all of Fitz's exs."

"Fitz had other exs that he didn't tell me about?" Keefe gasped, looking mock-offended- he offered her an uncanny impression of Biana's girlish squeal; "Details!"

"Nope," Sophie cut in, giggling.

Keefe grinned at her, brushing a finger across her cheek and making her breath catch in her throat. Then he smirked and told her knowingly, "I really know how to get to you, don't I?"

"You do," Sophie agreed- she stared at the empty spot on the ground where the alicorn poop had been and grinned. "Thanks for getting me out of that."

"No prob," Keefe promised. "See you tomorrow? We got a date to plan."

_______________

"It feel so weird being here and not being the one going on a date," Sophie observed, leaning against the counter.

"Yeah," Keefe agreed, whispering to her, "Would you kill me if I set up extra cameras? I would ask the Dexinator to hack into theirs, but... Marella's his ex so I'm not really sure how that would turn out."

"Good thought," Sophie told him, grinning. "And honestly? I'm game if you are."

"Yes!" He darted through the back as if he'd teleported and Sophie had to stifle a giggle to keep his cover a secret- this was going to be a very interesting night.