discussions

"You wanted to talk?" Keefe asked, raising an eyebrow at Fitz as they sat on opposite sides of the bed.

"Yeah... well, you know that Sophie knows, obviously."

"Of course I do," Keefe sighed. "And it's already ruining my life! Ruining, I tell you! It's worse than ruining the hair!"  He feigned a dramatic sob, and Fitz slapped him on the arm.

"Why am I even friends with you?" Fitz wondered aloud.

"Pretty sure we all ask that at some point," Ro told him.  "But really, you guys! Okay, she knows. This should make it easier!  Just say, 'Hey, I like you', wait for what she says- and if it's a yes, then yay! You have your happily-ever-after.  If it's a no, then too bad! You'll live in eternal humiliation every time you see her- but then again, that's what Dex did and he's still her best friend. Besides, even if you get rejected, you get to give the other person One. Unlimited. Dare! How are you not more excited about this?"

"Woohoo," Fitz told her with zero enthusiasm.  "I have to tell my ex-girlfriend I still like her otherwise my best friend dares me to do it anyways."

"Ah, so you figured that out, did you?" Keefe said with a devilish grin.  "At least I have no background with the Mysterious Ms. F."

"Ha, you wish," Fitz shot back.

Biana shimmered into the air, causing both the boys to yelp and fall off the bed. Ro just lit up and yelled, "Finally! I was wondering when you were going to appear."

"You were in on that?" Keefe asked in disbelief.

Ro snorted.  "Of course! Me and Grizel- girls for the win!  Even if she'd just been sneaking, I would've smelled her anyways and called her out. She got it all on tape- at least Fitz's confession.  You guys took sooooo long, we have to speed it up!  Fitzy, either you tell her yourself or I show her the tape- and Keefe, we did have to give Pretty Boy an advantage, seeing as you have more guts than him."

Fitz scowled at her. "Hey!"

___________

"Ugh. If I could I'd just have a washer take away that memory," Sophie told Amy through her Imparter, slumping deeper into her pillows.

"Aw, come on! They're bound to suck it up and tell you eventually.  At least one of them will. What's the reward?"

"An unlimited dare.  You don't know how much trouble those dares have caused."

"Was Keefe involved?" Amy asked, the words barely a question.

"Yup."

"I can barely guess," Amy said laughing.

"They went over to Everglen to have their little 'boy talk'. Wonder what's going on there," Sophie admitted.

"Want me to tell you my guess?" Amy deadpanned, looking at her unenthusiastic expression with amusement.

"I'm gonna regret this but... okay?"

"Probably a lot of screaming, trash-talking, throwing things across the room, drama with Ro... hmm, wanna bet on tears?"

"Ha ha."  Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Seriously! Out of the two boys, who do you think is the most likely to start crying?  Or maybe how long will it take?"

Sophie laughed at the images forming in her head.  "With Ro around? Both of them will be sobbing by the fifth minute."