recognition

It wasn't a Dex kiss.

It was so much more than that. Sophie had never tried to imagine what it would be like to kiss Keefe, but this...

When they finally broke away, Keefe just looked at her.

"You kissed me," he said breathlessly, still staring at her in disbelief. "But you said that you...?"

"I didn't say anything. I just... it doesn't matter now anyways. I changed my mind."

Sophie locked into his gaze and said quietly.  "I like you Keefe Sencen. I have no idea how I've never realized this since now, but I do, I swear, and I just-"

"Love you too," Keefe promised, and her heart melted into a pile of embarrassing ooze as he pulled her in again.  Sophie rested his head on his shoulder, scraping enough courage to...

"So.. what's the hard part now?" Sophie asked as she pulled away, slipping her hand through his.  "What, telling our parents?"

Keefe shook his head and grimaced. "Not our parents. Fitz."

________

"You kissed that boy?" Grady asked, looking at her like she was from a different planet. "Like legit? Deserted hallway? Ditching class, to kiss that boy?"

"Dad, he's not that boy," Sophie groaned, feeling exasperated. "And I wasn't ditching. I was.. trying to make it up to him. And it just kind of happened."

"Happened," Grady repeated, and then wrinkled his nose.

"Yeah," Sophie said, pulling together a load of confidence as she added, a little smartly, "It's Keefe Sencen. Not whatever you like to call him."

"Keefe Sencen," Grady said again.  "But what about...?"

"I personally think that Sophie can make whatever choice she wants to," Edaline piped up, scooting over next to Sophie to hold her hand. "And I think that whatever makes her happy makes me happy..." she glared at Grady pointedly. "Right?"

"Right," Grady grumbled, and Sandor looked just as thrilled.

Sophie thought she heard the words "baseball bat" as she kissed her mom on the cheek, grabbed Sandor by the arm, and leaped over to the Shores of Solace.

_____________

"So is it official now?" Keefe said nervously. "Is it.. a thing?"

Sophie smiled at him teasingly. "You know... that depends..."

Keefe laughed. "Let's just forget about Fitzey for a moment, okay? Just you and I. I think I'd like it that way."

"Just you and I," Sophie repeated, letting the words stay in her head for a second before lacing her hands through his and leaning back against the porch swing. "I think I'd like that too."

a/n - at this point , if u enjoy the sokeefe fluff , just read my sokeefe one shots book ( it's called ' always ' ) ! it has a bunch of really adorable sokeefe moments <3

But Sophie knew what good stalling and waiting would do for her.

It would only make things worse.

But for now.. she had something ahead of her that she'd never thought she'd have. She had a boyfriend- and not an awkward, neglecting relationship. She felt comfortable around Keefe, and she knew...

"I'd be unmatchable for you," Keefe told her quietly, reading her mind as the sun slipped below the horizon. "I'd do anything for you Foster."

Sophie sensed a smile curling on her lips, thinking about how happy she was that she got to do this with the most amazing boy in the entire Lost Cities.

"Me too, Keefe," she promised.

And for now, that was enough.