Chapter 2

It’s been a couple months since I started here at UA. So many things have already changed! The homeless looking guy I saw on the first day was actually our instructor, Mr. Aizawa (otherwise known as pro hero Eraserhead). He’s strict, and a bit mean, but he’s turned out to be one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. Along with him, we have Present Mic, All Might (The literal symbol of peace!), and Ms. Midnight. With their help, I now have a provisional hero license and go by the name Chargebolt (pretty cool, right?). I’m a part of the Baku-squad, which is the name given to my friend group. This includes Katsuki Bakugou, Eijirou Kirishima, Mina Ashido, Hanta Sero, and me. Together, we are one of the most chaotic but powerful groups of friends you could ever meet. 

    So you could imagine when the hero-work studies started up, the energy of the group changed. Kiri was always out with Fatgum, Bakugou was always studying for his retake of the test, so that left Mina, Sero, and me by ourselves. Without the two, things had been awfully quiet. Sero has been really quiet lately, and Mina has been hanging out with the girls, so that left only me. I gotta say, I miss the loud calls of “DEKU!” down the halls of the dorms while Kiri and I chase Bakugou down so he doesn’t kill the poor green boy. Ah, the memories. 

    “Kaminari!”

    I snapped back to attention, realizing I was still in class, and that Mr. Aizawa was talking to me. I tried frantically to remember what he had been saying, but the only thing I could remember was Iida (the boy with the engine legs) talking to him about a project. The project! That’s it! We were talking about a partner project where we needed to do something with our quirks but I can’t remember-

    “So who are you partnering with? I need an answer.” Aizawa said, staring me down the way a lion eyes a gazelle. 

    “U-um can I work with Sero?” I said, looking back at him. 

    “If you had been listening, you would know that Sero already has a partner. Strike one, Kaminari.” He said. I looked back to Sero and he shrugged sheepishly at me.

    “Mina?” Again, just a shrug. Who was I going to work with? I don’t know anyone all that well, and the people I did know probably already had partners. Jirou with Momo, Mineta and No One (He was banned from partner projects after an incident), Oijiro and Hagakure, and the rest either didn’t know me or expressed that they didn’t like me. Aizawa began approaching my desk. This is how I die. This is the moment that I take my last breath, in this dumb classroom where I can’t even tell him that I-

    “I’ll partner with him, sir. I don’t have a partner and I’ll volunteer.”

    Was that.. Iida? Tenya Iida, the smartest guy in the class. Tenya Iida, the class representative. Tenya Iida, the boy I had looked up to since day one for being so smart and brave and bold and crap I’m staring at him. I quickly shifted my gaze to Mr. Aizawa, who had stopped a foot away from my desk. He shrugged, mumbled something, and wrote down our names. And with that, the bell rang. I sat there in shock, still unable to process what all just happened. My mind raced faster than the man who occupied my thoughts, at least until I saw him walk up to my desk. 

    “So, since we are partnered for this project, would you like to meet in my dorm around 6 this evening? I feel that we can then discuss things at an optimal time of day. Does that work for you Kaminari?” He said, gesturing stiffly towards me. 

    “Um, sure?” I said, looking up at him. He’s got nice eyes, a dark blue that reminds me of jello. I’m quite hungry. I snapped out of it when I see his questioning look, knowing I look pretty dumb just sitting there and staring at him. 

    “Well then, I will see you then, Kaminari. Good day.” He said, turning to the door and walking out in his normal robotic fashion. The door shut quietly behind him, and I was left behind. Looks like everyone had already left, so I was alone. I sighed and facepalmed gently. 

    “Good job Denki. You managed to say two words in total, and he already probably thinks you’re an idiot. Good job being the class idiot as always.” I said exasperatedly.

    “You aren’t the class idiot.”

I jumped and looked around. Mr. Aizawa sat at his desk at the front of the room. 

    “You’re just different from most of your peers. You need to learn focus if you ever plan on getting through UA, or being a pro. And don’t worry about Tenya Iida, he thinks highly of everyone in here, so I doubt you really messed anything up. Just remember, he’s the same as you, a student here. Now get out of my classroom before I get Nezu in here to suspend you for missing class.” He said tiredly, rubbing his temples while looking up at me. 

    “Yes sir. And thank you, sir, I needed that.” I said, picking up my bag. Leave it to Mr. Aizawa to know what to say when I needed it. He’s always done that for me, part of the reason why he’s really my favorite teacher. I open the door and hurry down the hall to my next class. Only a bit longer until my meeting with the Tenya Iida.

Engines- A Kami-Iida Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें