Chapter 4

Tenya’s POV

“Kaminari! Are you okay? Wake up.” I said, shaking him a bit as he lay on the floor. What do I do? I checked his pulse (just in case), and slowly picked him up. He was surprisingly light, and smaller than I had expected. I turned and laid him on my bed, trying to be as gentle as possible. He seemed almost fragile, like I could break him if I wasn’t careful enough. I looked down at his unconscious figure, and became lost in thought. 

Denki Kaminari. He’s the class clown of 1-A, the least focused student I know. Why did I partner with him? Was it out of pity? I’m not sure. All I can think when I look at him is that I’m so glad that I did. He makes me want to work harder. I don’t know why, but he makes me want to be a better class representative to help him to be a better student. He’s definitely not the most smart, but he has potential to be a really good hero. I hope to work with him more, he seems to be a good partner and I enjoy his company.

Within a few minutes, I came back to my senses and looked around. He seems to have worn himself out, so I should find him some food to hopefully help him get back to his normal state. I got up to look in the small cabinet I have, and rummaged for something that seems up his alley. I had a couple cans of beef stew, some orange juice boxes, and.. Here’s something! I pulled out some fruit snacks that I had gotten from Izuku a while ago. Maybe he’ll like these? Well I can hope at least. I pulled out a package and set them next to him for when he wakes up. 

I check the clock: 7 PM. Everyone should be in their dorms by now, but Kaminari is in no state to get to his dorms on his own, and I’d rather not carry him, as rumors may be spread about our relationship. Not that there is a relationship, we are merely friends. Just friends, nothing more, just two men in a completely platonic relationship, like Bakugou and Kirishima. Or Yaoyorozu and Jirou. 

So it looks like he may be staying the night. I hope Mr. Aizawa understands, and doesn’t reprimand either of us. He was just trying to help with the project, although the fact that he overdid it confuses me. He has control over his quirk, so why now would he use all of his power so recklessly? Was he distracted, or maybe just had his mind on other things? I had done that before. I had been thinking about someone, specifically some feelings I had had for them,  and had become distracted momentarily. This was during an athletics training however, and I managed to run into a wall. Neither I nor the wall were intact after that incident. But I learned and now my feelings have become as low priority as possible to minimize these distractions.  

I was brought back to attention by a knocking on my door. I forgot that one of the teachers had come by every night to check on each dorm room. I get to my feet quickly, and open the door enough to only allow them to see me. 

“Hello, listener! How are you this fine evening?” Present Mic said, using his quirk and causing me to stumble a bit.

“Oh my apologies Iida, my quirk has been a bit off lately.. Wait a second, who is this in your room? Is that Denki Kaminari?” He then said, leaning in slightly.

“N-no! I mean.. Yes it is. He overdid his quirk and passed out. So he’s been in my bed for the past while and I don’t think he will be up any time soon. Please do not get him in trouble, it was for the partner project.” I said, waving my arms frantically as I always did when I felt stressed.

“Oh I see.. Well don’t do anything tonight! These dorms gotta stay PG, ya dig?” He said, giving me a sneaky look.

“Absolutely not! I would never- We’re just- He’s merely a peer. We are strictly platonic, sir.” I said, blushing brightly. Why am I getting so nervous? It’s just Denki. Just my partner. Project partner, not partner! I feel my face heat up even more. 

“Sure, sure. That’s what Shota said too.”

“Excuse me, sir?”

“I MEAN Have a good night! You didn’t hear anything!” Present Mic said, quickly shutting the door behind him and shuffling down the hall to the next door. What did he mean by that I wonder? Oh well, better not to think too much on the matter. I look back to Denki, peacefully sleeping on my bed. I turn and shut off the lights, and attempt to lay down on the floor next to the bed. I couldn’t sleep in the same bed as him, that was wrong and I blushed at the thought. What is wrong with me? Denki is nothing more than my classmate. I shifted around for the next hour, until I finally started to drift to sleep. As I fell asleep, my last thought remained stuck in my mind..

..Why does Denki make me feel like this?