Chapter 26

Chapter 25

(Iida’s POV)

    4 years later…

    “It’s such a beautiful sunset, isn’t it?”

Kami looked into the sunset, the warm orange light hitting his face and brightening his best features. He had always been very attractive, but in the warm toned lighting he was utterly breathtaking. His eyes glittered with golden specks, and his soft skin was painted with rosy tones. His hair had grown a bit longer over the years, and tonight he had pulled it back into a small low bun. It was unkempt and messy as ever, but with it’s messiness, it was also a beautiful golden hue with the black streak in the front. He was wearing a nice pair of slacks and a button down shirt (which I had to convince him to wear). He was truly stunning.

    “Tenya? Earth to Tenya. Sunshine, you’ve been staring at me for a solid minute. I know I’m hot, but you gotta take your eyes off me sometime.” Denki said, posing dramatically. I laughed and leaned back on my arms, looking at the sunset. We had come here to have a picnic and watch the sunset together like we had on our first date. It was perfect, and everything was right for this. Even so, I still felt nervous. I peered and fidgeted with the box in the basket I brought, just to make sure it was still there, and than quickly turned my attention back to Kami. He looked quizatively at me, but shrugged it off. 

    “So, my wonderful boyfriend. What do you want to do with the evening? Fight crime? Ooh, maybe we can go ding dong ditch Bakugou and Kirishima!” Denki said, excitedly. I sighed and laughed at his antics. 

    “No, how about we just enjoy this wonderful sunset together?” I said, trying to keep my plan on track.

    “Alright, sounds kind of boring, but I’m sure it’ll be fun with you by my side.” Kami replied, going to lay down on the blanket before I stopped him.

    “First, I’ve got something for you. You gotta stand up and turn around.” I said, starting to get really nervous.

    “Okay.. seems a little suspicious but okay.” Kami said, following my instructions. I took in a deep breath and quietly grabbed the box from the basket. I opened it, got onto one knee, and looked back to him.

    “You can turn around now.” I said shakily.

    “You never do surprises, what-” Kami begins to say, but stops when he sees the ring in the box. He puts his hands over his mouth and looks at me.

    “Denki Kaminari, since the day I took up that project with you, I have loved you. You were the class clown, and the last person I expected to talk to, but you have changed my life and my world has never been the same. We bring out the best in each other, and it’s absolutely astounding how many things I learned about myself being with you. I am and forever will be in love with you. With this love, I come to you and I have decided to offer my life to you. I want to stay like this forever, staying side by side, making the world a better place, while loving each other and living a happy life. Just the two of us. So with this, I ask one question. Will you, Denki Kaminari, marry me?”

    He beamed brightly and tears came down his face. He nodded vigorously and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, laughing and enjoying the wonderful feeling. Together, we would live the rest of our lives as heroes but more importantly, as partners. As we hugged, I watched as the sun made it’s final descent over the horizon, and I kissed his forehead. He giggled and looked up at me, a small smile on his face. We kissed each other passionately, enjoying the wonderful moment. Once we pulled away, I stood and stared into his eyes. Denki Kaminari, my eternal partner. 

Later that Year in the Winter

(No one’s POV)

    A clinking sound of glass was heard through the large ballroom. The people quieted down and a microphone made a small noise before the person behind it spoke.

    “Thank you for inviting us out tonight to play for the wedding reception. I am Kyoka Jiro, and I will be singing and playing bass this evening. Katsuki Bakugou is on drumset, Fumikage Tokoyami will be playing guitar, and my lovely wife Momo Yaoyorozu will be on the keyboard. First thing of the evening we will be playing is the first dance for the couple. Iida and Denki, if you could come to the center of the floor, we will have the first dance.” Jiro said, standing on a stage with the rest of her band behind her.

    Tenya stood and held out a hand for Denki to take, and he did. The two walked to the center of the floor, and got into the proper position. A lovely piano solo began to play, and the two slowly began dancing, looking into each other’s eyes. Small sighs and aws could be heard as the two swayed together. The song swelled and just before the climax of the song, it stopped. The couple turned and looked to the band, wondering if something had happened. Jiro just looked back, winked, and nodded back to the group. With that, a loud guitar riff blasted and the group began playing a loud and lively song, and the lighting changed from a light blue to a warm yellow and orange, and the couple looked at each other in surprise. 

    “Come on everybody! Let’s make this night one to remember!” Jiro called as the song began to get even more upbeat, as Bakugou started killing it on the drumset. Kaminari turned to Tenya, smiled and started dancing poorly and goofily, causing Tenya to laugh and attempt to join in. Soon, the whole group had gotten on the floor and was dancing. Izuku and Shoto danced together, just as dorkily, but were laughing together. Ochako and Tsu were dancing together, both smiling and having fun dipping the other and twirling their partner under their arm. Tensei and Tomoko danced with a smaller third party, Hayai Iida, their daughter. The little girl was bobbing up and down, trying to dance with her parents. While she tried to dance, the small girl would suddenly speed up uncontrollably, until eventually she slowed back down and continued her dancing. 

    Together, everyone had a wonderful evening. Sato had made an amazing wedding cake that was adored by everyone, Sero’s decorations made the wedding reception look amazing, and Mina made sure that there was never a dull moment when it came to the dances. Eventually, the couple had grown tired, and had decided it was time to go. They announced that they would be leaving soon. The band members snuck out as the two were saying their goodbyes. When they finally made it out, the car they had was covered in streamers and had the words “Just Married” written on the back window (along with a small note attached below it that said “Use protection and don’t do drugs!”, which embarrassed Tenya, but made Denki laugh.) The two got into the vehicle, and closed the doors of the car behind them. Tenya smiled at Denki warmly, and turned to face him.

“You ready?”

“Always have been, engine boy.”

E N D

    Thank you all so much for the support of this book. This is a rarepair that I just recently started shipping and to have the support that I have had on this book is so exciting. For anyone who is interested in BNHA or Danganronpa, I do plan to write more of these kinds of stories. I have a story going at the moment called Blood Stained Heroes that I have already started writing (I’m about 10 chapters in!) and it’s a Killing Game set in the BNHA universe, and no prior knowledge of the Danganronpa games is needed (although certain references may go over your head). Anyways, thank you so very much for all of the love and the comments on this. I hope you enjoyed this book, and I bid you adieu.

Sincerely,

Author-Chan