The new intern

ᏢᎬᎢᎬᎡ

"Who do you think the 'old friend' is?" Ned asked.

"For the last time, I don't know. Probably just a friend from college"

"Well text me when you fine out ok?"

"Ok"

Ned and I went our separate ways, I ducked into an alley behind a Café to put on my suit.

I shot a web at the building opposite and began to swing towards the tower. Occasionally stopping to give directions or stop muggings.

I made a mental note to thank my internet friend @imacowboy for the potato gun idea when I was on the ground (I had learnt the hard way not to web swing and text), Ms Warren loved my paper and gave it an A. I really needed a good grade, with the internship and Spiderman I was having a hard time getting homework done.

I crawled up the side of the building and rolled through the open window if my bedroom.

"Hello Peter" FRIDAY greeted "Mr Stark is in the lab" I thanked the AI and quickly changed into a science pun t-shirt and jeans.

-

I walked into the lab, "Hey Mr Stark!" I called out.

"Peter, good to see you. How was school"

"It was alright, I got an A on a paper"

"Good, good, Anyway there's someone I'd like you to meet"

Mr Stark guided me down a corridor that lead to the living room "I know you're been stressed lately, juggling everything, so I've decided to hire a new intern"

A new intern? I almost stopped in my tracks. Was I not good enough? Was this my replacement?

Mr Stark continued talking "His name is Harley Keener and he's just moved here from Tennessee."

Harley Keener? I recognised that name.

We rounded a corner into the living room, "Harley, come meet Peter" Mr Stark said to the guy sitting at the table.

He turned around and the world slowed down and my anxiety about the new intern vanished. Harley smiled and make his way towards us. His eyes sparkled in the sunlight. "Hey Peter, I've heard a lot about you"

I came crashing back to reality "oh, hey Harley good to meet you"

"I'll leave you to get to know each other then" Mr Stark said "You'll be working together a lot"

Mr Stark left the room, leaving a slightly awkward silence behind. "Soooo" I said "how'd you meet Mr Stark, he said you are old friends"

"Mr Stark?"

"It annoys him"

Harley laughed "Well it's a funny story, when I was a kid Tony broke into my garage and I helped him kick the bad guy's ass. What about you?"

"It's a lot less exiting then that, I applied for an internship- and then got it"

I couldn't tell Harley how I actually met Mr Stark.

"Hey, could you show me around, Tony tried but this place is really a maze"

"Sure. It does take some getting used to"

-

"So this is the main lab" I said turning the light on.

Harley looked around in awe. "This is so aw- is that Spider-Man's suit"

He walked over to the Iron-Spider stand.

"Yeah, he hangs around here sometimes. Are you a fan?"

"Yeah, Spider-Man's like my favourite Superhero"

I turned away so Harley couldn't see my red face. Mr Stark then chose that moment to walk in.

"I thought IronMan was your favourite superhero" he said feigning hurt.

"He was but when you realise how annoying he is. . ." Harley trailed off with a grin on his face.

"You better not make me regret giving you this opportunity" Mr Stark said jokingly.

I felt my phone vibrate, it was a text from Aunt May

Hey Peter, I burnt the lasagna so we're going to have to go out. Chinese or Pizza, your choice. Make sure you get here soon or I'll leave without you! Larb you <3 -May

"I better get going, I'll see you later"

I started walking to the exit but Harley said "if we're going to be working together we probably should be able to contact each other"

"That's a good ide-"

"Harley if you want his number just ask him" Mr Stark interrupted.

Both mine and Harley's face's burned as we exchanged numbers.

"Well, see you tomorrow"

"Bye Peter"