Hidden behind a screen

ᎻᎪᎡᏞᎬY

I gave MJ her phone back. My phone had calmed down a lot but notifications were still flooding in.

We sat in silence for a few seconds, "I have to go" I stood up and tried to leave the room. Peter grabbed my wrist but I shrugged it off.

I ran out of the Parker apartment and didn't stop until I reached the tower.

Pulling my laptop out of my backpack, I started reading some of the comments. Most said that I didn't deserve the internship or I had slept my way to the top. But the ones that really hurt were from people I would've considered friends, telling the world how much of a ass I am.

I kept scrolling and scrolling reading comment after comment.

When Tony walked in a few minutes later and saw me he smiled widely "Harley! Your room's ready-" he stopped when he saw the tear tracks on my face. His tone softened "what happened?"

I couldn't answer, not just because I was out of breath from running all the way here, but because I was scared that if I opened my mouth I would start sobbing.

Gesturing to the laptop, I wiped my nose on my hoodie sleeve, determined to get it together as Tony read a few comments.

Slowly he closed the laptop and hesitantly put his arms around me. I hugged back hard but couldn't hold it in any longer.

I broke down.