Work? what's that?

ᎻᎪᎡᏞᎬY

I was about to tell my Twitter friend about my plan to ask Peter out but he ended the conversation.

Opening Instagram I started scrolling through but then I stoped suddenly.  I looked at the post in front of me, I was sitting on Tony's ridiculously expensive sofa, minding my own business when I saw a post from @Peter.Parker_

And now I had to make the biggest decision of my life.

Like or not to like.

I had already memorised the photo he posted and I think the caption was permanently engraved into my soul.

If I liked it would look as if I was madly and deeply in love with him (I'm not it's just a small-ish (ok medium) crush) or it would just look like a desperate cry for attention.

I could not like, I could pretend I never saw his post, I could pretend I didn't go on Instagram today at all, but no that wouldn't work I commented on MJ's post this morning. If I don't like Peter might think I hate him, that I regret the almost-kiss and wished I had never met him.

Am I over thinking this?

I closed my eyes and liked the post, if I was going to ask him out later anyway I didn't want to seem like a coward for not liking his post on Instagram.

This is completely stupid

I held my phone up above my face looking at the little red heart.

"Harley-" someone said behind me, I shrieked and dropped my phone on my face.

Nope nope nope nope nope nope

I had accidentally opened up Peter's story. The first slide was a poll, "should I make a stupid decision?"

The answers were yes or yes.

Before I could answer or contemplate what the hell that meant the next slide came on, a photo of Peter with a face mask on. Despite my situation I smiled. Then text saying "and for the people asking the face mask wasn't the dumb decision, what I'm going to do is much worse"

Someone tapped on my shoulder and I remembered why I was scared in the first place.

Tony was standing next to me looking VERY concerned "- Harley are you alright?"

"Yep, I'm just peachy"

"ok-? Well I need you to take this" he dropped a heavy cardboard box in my arms "and take it across town, the address is on the side"

I stared at the box in disbelief "why?"

Tony sighed "the van broke down and I have to get two of these boxes to a venue I'm speaking at tomorrow"

"Don't you have people to do this kind of stuff for you"

Tony looked confused "yeah... Interns like you"

I adjusted the box in my arms "I thought intern was more of a pretend title, like I haven't had to do any interny stuff before like getting coffee-"

"That's a good idea" Tony said grinning "you can get some coffee for me on your way back."

"But-" I protested, trying desperately to get out of this "you said there were two boxes, I won't be able to carry both"

"Don't you worry about that, there's another intern downstairs with the other box"