School

ᎻᎪᎡᏞᎬY

"Hi, I'm Harley Keener, I'm new here" I said to the lady at the front desk.

"Of course, you just moved here from Tennessee right?"

"Yeah"

"That's nice, I'll just get everything sorted for you" she pulled out a small stack of paper while giving me directions to my first lesson, Maths.

"Thanks" I said, closing the office door behind me.

I took two steps and instantly forgot where I was supposed to go, I was trying to look like I was listening so much I didn't.

Pulling out my map, I scanned my timetable for the room number.

I found it and started walking in the direction of the Maths block.

As I walked I wondered how Tony knew about this school. Maybe Peter went to this school? No that was just wishful thinking.

-

My first few lessons went pretty good, the teachers made me stand up in font of the class and talk about myself, but they were to concerned about there own lives to listen about mine.

I met a couple of nice people but none of them invited me to sit with them, but now was lunch. I've never been the new kid before, back in Tennessee everyone knew everyone.

I scanned the cafeteria for an empty table. I settled on a almost deserted table, the only person sitting at it was a girl reading a book.

I sat close enough to her so it didn't look like I was avoiding her but close enough so it wasn't weird. . .  I overthink things sometimes.

I recognised her as MJ from my English class. She looked up and smiled briefly in acknowledgement before returning to her book.

I pulled out my phone and considered texting @ineedanewname but two people approached the table and sat down.

I looked up from my phone.

"Harley?" One of them said.