School again

ᎻᎪᎡᏞᎬY

I woke up to the sound of my obnoxiously loud alarm. I rolled over and turned it off but lay in bed for an extra few seconds. This was going to be a hard day I thought to myself.

Quickly I got up and got dressed for school, I put on dark clothes that I hoped would help me blend in, and before I left my room I put on a fake smile.

-

A few years ago my sister told me "If you smile through it you'll trick your brain into thinking everything's ok"

"That's stupid" I responded.

She pushed me playfully "They've done studies on it and everything"

"Who has?"

"I don't know, science people." When I laughed she said "I can't hear you I'm smiling"

"That's not how it works"

-

When I left for New York she made me promise to call her every night. It was only the second night before I called her in tears.

I entered the living area and saw Tony sitting at the island with a mug of coffee. When he saw me his expression softened.

Tony Stark knew better then anyone the damage the media could cause.

"Toast?" He asked, offering me a plate.

"You're a billionaire and you eat toast for breakfast?" I asked, taking a slice.

"Well I have to stay, what do you kids say? hashtag relatable?"

I groaned in protest "please tell me you did not just say that"

"Oh I'm sorry was that sentence not on fleak?"

I rolled my eyes as I took a bite if toast.

Tony studied me for a minute "you don't have to go y'know"

"I have to go back at some point, and the longer I put it off the bigger deal it will turn into"

"That's smart, not running away from all your problems"

"Anyway I get to meet the avengers after school so that'll distract me"

"Speaking of the Avengers, Spiderman told me he ran into you on patrol last night"

"Yeah, I managed not to completely Fangirl Infront of him" I laughed. "I better get going. See you later"

"See you after school, call me if it gets to much. ok?"

"Alright, and Tony?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks"

-

Just my luck I would be late for my first lesson, I took a deep breath before opening the door and walking inside. Everyone turned to look at me

"S-sorry I'm late" I stuttered.

"Now Harley just because you're famous and everything, that doesn't mean you can be late for lessons"

My whole face turned a deep shade of red "Sorry sir, it won't happen again"

Everyone watched as I walked to the back of the class room. My shoe squeaked on the polished floor, I winced as I slid into a empty seat.

I proper my book up to avoid eye contact with anyone.

"Hey" the guy next to me said. "You're Harley Keener right?"

"Yeah"

"I'm Flash Thompson" Why does that name sound familiar? "Because you're new and everything I was wondering if you wanted to come sit with me and my friends at lunch"

Then I remembered how I knew that name, he had commented on my last Instagram post.

-
@Peter.Parker_
Aww I was looking forward to that foot massage
|
@Harley_K3ener
@Peter.Parker_ 😂😂
|
@TheFlashThompson
@Peter.Perker_ he doesn't even go there
|
@Harley_K3ener
Oof I'm getting mean girl vibes
-

"Umm I'm sorry I think I'm good, but thank you"

Flash looked disappointed "Well think about it, you know where to find me"

I really didn't but I wasn't about to ask.

-

I didn't see MJ, Peter or Ned until lunch. They were sitting at the same table as yesterday. They waved me over and I eagerly complied.

"Are you alright?" Ned asked

"Yeah you just ran off yesterday" MJ added.

"I was going to call you but I figured your phone would be off" Peter said.

I smiled, glad that they cared "I'm alright, after Spiderman put that thing on his Instagram most of the comments stopped"

I saw Ned at Peter smirk out of the corner of my eye.

I started eating my sandwich but then a girl walked up to the table.

"Hey Harley" she said, then looked over her shoulder at another group of girls giggling at another table.

"Hi-?"

"Jennifer, anyway I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?"

"Like on a date?"

She faltered "yeah-"

"Umm I'm sorry, I'm Gay"

I noticed Peter perked up, did her like me? Or was that just wishful thinking?

"Oh well sorry to bother you" Jennifer said and ran back to her friends

MJ watched her go "ugh the people here are so fake"

"Tell me about it, earlier this guy Flash Thompson asked me to sit with him"

"What did you say??" Ned asked eagerly.

"Well I'm here aren't I?"

"Don't worry about them, something will come along and they'll forget all about you"

"I hope so"