Fanmail

ᏢᎬᎢᎬᎡ

I slid open the lab window and climbed inside, I had finished my patrol but swung by the tower to get a textbook I forgot.  

Mr Stark was working on something in the lab, he looked up when I entered. "Lose this?" He asked holding up my textbook.

"Yeah" I said guilty.

He handed me the book and I put it in my backpack. As I opened it Mr Stark said "What's this?" He pulled out the kids drawing.

"My first fanmail" I smiled "A kid gave it to me on patrol, I help rescue his cat"

Mr Stark smiled fondly "I get fanmail all the time, it never gets old"

"Yeah I probably sent you half of it"

I should not have said that. I should not have said that.

"Wait what?"

"What?"

"You sent me fanmail"

"No" I said defensively "I sent you- spam mail. Ok fine I sent you fanmail but in my defense I was like 10"

"I'm so going to dig this up"

"Nooo" I groaned "ok change of subject, I saw Harley on patrol, he seemed pretty ok for someone whose life has been ruined"

"Speaking of Harley after school I'm going to introduce him to the avengers tomorrow, as like a 'sorry your life sucks' present. So be there after school, before Harley gets here"

I beamed internally at being called an avenger but managed to hide my excitement "is he still going to go to school? The people at midtown are so fake everyone will either try to be his friend or bully him"

"He's to stubborn to drop out, but don't worry about him, he's a tough kid"

"Ok, well I'll better be going. May's trying to make pizza and I don't want the building to burn down" 

"See you tomorrow kid"