02

now this i did change, but only by a small amount. i learned what it's like to be adopted (i was adopted a month ago) so now it seems a bit better, imo.

x

"This is your new home, okay?" the female that had been driving explained. They stood in front of a large white house, the boy's ten year old figure being much smaller than the people that stood at the door. "They'll take good care of you."

The boy didn't dare to speak. He only nodded and allowed himself to be pushed into the home.

"Hi, there! What's your name?"

They knew it already. After hours of going through his files, having an inspection done, and multiple background checks, it was nearly impossible for them to not know it.

The two males waited for him to speak. He stared up at them with wide eyes and ignored their question, making the female that brought him inside sigh. "I'm sorry about that, he's a little shy. His social worker will be meeting up with him weekly and if everything goes smoothly, you'll have a perfect adoption."

One of the men looked up at her with wide eyes and a bright smile, bouncing on his heels.

"Are you ready?" she whispered, placing her hand on the young boy's back. He nodded and she backed away, watching him approach the two fathers with a fond smile.

"He's been jumping from foster home to foster home. All of them had females, so I think he just needs a home without any females," one of them whispered.

"I hope so. Want to go inside, hm?"

They watched the boy nod. "Also, M'Junhui."

x

In the two year span from being dropped off at the home and being a day away from thirteen, many things happened.

Junhui was adopted by the two men, and they had gotten used to his quiet behavior. He often got into fights at school, but that was because he felt bad for others getting picked on, and surprisingly, neither of his fathers cared about it. They said he was doing the right thing by standing up for himself and others.

They had also adopted a little girl who loved annoying Junhui. He would be sleeping in the middle of the night, and she would come in with books and stack them on his head, or steal his blankets.

"Night, dads," Junhui waved at his two dads and then at his little sister. She waved back and got up from her seat only to trip on her flower dress and have her head collide with the floor.

"Junhui! Remember to show us your rings before you go to school, okay?"

"Got it."

x

"Junhui? Is that you?!"

"Hey," Junhui mumbled as he walked out from behind the wall.

"Can we see your rings?" He quizzed.

"Uh," Junhui kept his hands behind his back in an attempt to hide them. "I don't think you want to."

"Don't tell me one of the rings is a d-"

"Jackson! Do not say that in front of Junhui!" Mark loudly exclaimed.

"Okay! But let us see the rings, please."

"Promise me you won't be mad."

"Why would we be mad?"

"Promise!"

Jackson held up his hands in surrender. "I promise, sir. I pledge the al-"

A ball of paper hit Jackson's head and he immediately closed his mouth, satisfied at Junhui's soft chuckle.

He shakily removed his hands from their spot and showed his fathers who stared in shock. On his left hand was a golden band with a Rubik's Cube the size of an ant. It seemed to be solving itself while Junhui stared at it. It was consistenly turning as if it wanted to be solved, but couldn't.

On his right hand were three rings. "Why does everyone else have one ring? Did I do something wrong?"

"Junhui," Mark sighed. "You didn't do anything wrong, but I want you to be safe. Don't show anyone your rings unless you are forced to, okay? Even if the teacher tells you to, don't do it."

"Okay," Junhui shrugged. " I have to go to school. Bye dads, bye Jihyo."

"Bye!" Jihyo waved with a mouth full of cake. "Happy birthday!"

x

to continue with what jackson was saying,

"-legience tO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF JUN. AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH JUN STANDS, ONE NATION, UNDER JUN, INDIVISIBLE, FOR JUN AND JUSTICE FOR ALL."

stan wen junhui tyvm