17

5:16 pm lets goo

give me yo toes

"Uh, this is Minghao, and I'm Mingyu," Mingyu said. The boy nodded and stole one of the fries off of the plate.

"Wen Junhui," he announced after a minute of stealing fries. 

The awkward silence continued as they ate. Mingyu asked the questions, Minghao occasionally added to them, and Junhui gave short responses. It wasn't ideal, but it was better than nothing.

"Alright," Junhui set the burger down. "This is awkward, so just put your contacts in my phone and we'll talk another time, hm?"

They agreed and soon Junhui was out of the store.

x

Minghao moved Mingyu's leg for the umpteenth time. Laying on the couch, wrapped in a large blanket, was Minghao with his gaze trained on the television. Mingyu was asleep in his arms, leg consistently wrapping around Minghao's leg.

Minghao's house smelled like cinnamon and spice with a bit of apple. His mother wasn't home, which was a plus, but if she was she wouldn't have cared about Mingyu staying over.

He occasionally wondered about Mingyu's family. When asked, the boy would avoid the question until confronted, and when confronted he'd give a short and simple reply. Minghao let him have his space and never prodded any further.

If Mingyu wanted to tell him, it'd be on his own terms, and that was perfectly fine.

His phone buzzed from the end table and Minghao picked the item to see a text from Junhui. It was a simple 'hey', so Minghao replied with the same thing, and eventually they were having a conversation.

"Hao?" Mingyu mumbled, sleep tainting his voice. His eyes were still shut, and he was getting comfortable in Minghao's embrace.

"Yeah?"

"Time?"

Minghao adjusted Mingyu's position and looked at the time on his phone. "Ah... 11 PM-ish? Nearly midnight."

"Oh. Okay. What are you doing?"

Minghao handed the phone to Mingyu, who quietly read the contact and handed the phone back. "'Kay. He's weird."

Aliens.

Minghao shook the thought out of his head. "Do tell."

"Like, not a bad weird. But weird. He keeps his sentences short, too. But I mean... everyone's different, y'know? So it's fine if he's weird. But he's weird."

"You're barely making sense, Gyu," Minghao giggled. When he got an angry look from Mingyu, he ruffled his hair. "You look like an angry alien."

Mingyu pouted and lifted the blanket over his head. 

x

The bushes shook with every push that the man gave them. He was walking on his knees and eventually stopped before leaning against a tree. He took a deep breath, taking in the scene in front of him.

There stood his son, laying in the arms of some stranger with a black mullet. 

'Ah. You.'

6:44 pm lets geddit

i took like an hour b/c i was hunting down good music D:< i eventually gave up and settled with my alternative metal playlist eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i just realized i failed at the finishing under two hours but i'll finish this book by 1 am bet D:<