03

"Mom! Mama!" Wonwoo shrieked. The door burst open, and his parents relaxed at Wonwoo sitting there, and not Wonwoo being kidnapped.

"You got your rings, right? Let us see them," his younger mother demanded. Her voice was calm, and she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed.

He happily showed his hands, to which they both nodded. "Four? Not bad, not bad."

On Wonwoo's left hand was a black band with a white dragon crawling along the top. Its eyes glowed a bright green as it stayed in its crawling position against the band.

"What do you mean, not bad?" Wonwoo asked, lowering his voice. "They're so cool! Look at this puzzle one!"

His older mother raised her eyebrow in question. "I suppose so."

Wonwoo pursed his lips and put his hands under his thighs.

"Get dressed. You have school in fifteen minutes."

Once his mothers left, Wonwoo stared at his rings. On the hand opposite the three rings, was a band with a rocky texture. Small amounts of gold were in the band, giving off a lava-like effect. A white dragon the size of his pinky finger was stuck in a crawling position against the band, red eyes gleaming in the sunlight.

x

"Bye!" Wonwoo waved to his mother and walked into the private school. A group of fifteen people or so stood in the courtyard with a large banner with the words 'Happy birthday Wonwoo' and their signatures around the edges.

"Rings? Rings? Rings? Rings?" Donghyuck pleaded. "Let us see! Oh my god, if you have more than two, that'll be so cool!"

They screamed at the sight of four rings. "Whoa! Forget two, there's four!"

Wonwoo giggled at their reaction and pushed his glasses up his nose. His parents had gotten him glasses that were a bit too big, and it wasn't his favorite thing in the world. They bugged him in every class and it was frustrating.

The bell rang and he waved to his friends before going to his first period. He sat down and got his supplies out as he waited for the class to start.

Wonwoo smiled at the realization that he wouldn't be the only one without just one soulmate. There were people with no soulmates and people with more than one. It was exciting to see someone with three soulmates.

"Happy birthday, Wonwoo," his teacher muttered as Wonwoo entered. Wonwoo thanked her and ran to his seat, adjusting his glasses for the nth time.

His friends asked to see the bands wrapped around his fingers and he lifted up his hand with a bright smile. The gasps they let out when Wonwoo showed four instead of two made him giggle.

"They're so pretty too!" one of the students groaned. "Mine is just pink with a H."

"Seungmin, that's pretty weird."

"Shut up. You're pretty weird."

"Did I ask?"

"You wanna go?"

"Come at me."

"Happily."

Two students held Seungmin and Wonpil from murdering each other. "Let me at him!" Seungmin struggled in the grip.

"Shush."

"Never!"

"Wonwoo, we should get onto the lesson, now, so that these two don't turn our school into a war zone. Your rings are very pretty, by the way. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, okay?" his teacher commented.

Confused at the statement, Wonwoo nodded, and went back to drawing a dragon.