06

Xu Minghao walked down the hallways with his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face. The shock after getting his rings had died down within the years of students eventually giving up on teasing him.

When he originally got his rings, he was targeted by many. It felt like people had a mission to make him hate the pieces of jewelry on his fingers. Their attempts failed and upon noticing that Minghao just didn't care, they gave up.

"The new haul of students is coming in a few days," Jeonghan spoke once he caught up with Minghao. Jisoo, Jeonghan's soulmate, walked alongside them but didn't speak. "I think Jihoon and his soulmates are transferring. We haven't seen them in a while."

"Do you know who else?" Minghao quizzed. He took his hands out of his pockets to push past the set of doors that led to the east wing.

"Seungcheol and Chan. That's all of our friend group transferring."

Minghao nodded and nudged Jisoo's shoulder. "You haven't talked.. are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just.. thinking, I guess."

Jeonghan looked at his soulmate in worry but the male had already entered his class.

x

"Can you believe he has three soulmates?"

"Imagine being that unloyal."

"Guys, it's not his fault. This is really stupid."

"Shut up, Jeongin."

"And immature."

The girls glared at him and he stopped talking instantly. Instead, he looked across the field, where his soulmate was talking to his friends.

'He never lets me join their talks.'

Jeongin sighed and dismissed himself from the group, shyly waving to Junhui as he passed him. The girls continued to judge Junhui as he passed them and Jeongin temporarily stopped in his tracks before turning around and running to the boy.

"Wait!"

Junhui turned around, smiling at the sight of Jeongin. Chan talked very highly of his soulmate despite not being near him often and made sure to keep the younger away from his group of friends.

They weren't the nicest to boys like Jeongin.

"Can I walk with you to class? Sorry, it's just that we're in the same class for this period and I just think you're nice and Chan isn't letting me near him so I'm lonely."

"It's fine," Junhui chuckled. "Do you know why doesn't he let you near them?"

"I.. I don't know," Jeongin sighed. "But let's stop thinking about that! Did you do the homework?"

"No, can I copy off of you? I had to babysit last night..."

"Of course! Check my bag, there should be a few pages of notes in there."