author's note

At first I wasn't sure what Thoughtless would turn out to be. My plan was to dribble some poetry, express my feelings and maybe figure out my style. But I don't think I was ready to reveal something so vulnerable. So out came the four characters whose identities and voices I hid behind, and whose poetry was born along with them.

I've grown quite fond of them. Though they may only exist in my head, I've gotten used to seeing the world through their lens, kind of like if you were on a ship and you were bored, so you kept looking through a bunch of different spy glasses, trying to spot something different on the horizon each time. The end of this poetry collection would mean parting with them as a whole. And while I'm glad that their journey has brought them to a better place than they were before, it'll be a little sad, too. 

Cliche as it is, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Thoughtless is only the beginning for me in the world of poetry. My style is still rough around the edges. Thoughtless will need plenty of editing in the future. But I'm going to keep writing poetry because I want to improve, and I want to express myself with creative language that sometimes just isn't possible with flash fiction. 

To my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to read Thoughtless. I can't express how grateful and lucky I feel with only words; even the most powerful, obscure and mind-bending phrases will never be enough to convey the smile it brings to my face every time I see a notification of a vote or comment. 

Thank you to lepus_leporis, who's stuck around for the entire journey. I don't think I've met a more devoted reader, commenter, and fellow Wattpader. I love reading your comments and hearing your thoughts about the mysterious narrators.

Thank you to iamverda357 for offering such thoughtful and valuable insight into my poetry. and Your comments are so encouraging, and without you I wouldn't be able to truly appreciate my poetry the way I do now.

And thank you to all my other readers (namely CarolineDonica and EvelynWhitej007) for visiting this poetry collection too. Even just one person reading a poem of mine means a lot.

You guys really are the best.

So yeah. I think I'll be taking a little break from poetry to focus on revising my short stories, though I promise I will be back with a new collection. You might also see notifications about certain poems that I'll have edited and republished.

Until then, feel free to revisit this collection (I'm sure our narrators would love your company) and maybe try to piece together who's who? I might even do a Q&A thing with the characters, maybe, though I don't know if that's too weird.

See you later guys. ❤

-Jade