Chapter 6: (BEIRON)

I don't know how but my legs managed to carry me to my car and I drove home. I couldn't deny the attraction between us and I was sure she felt it too.

It was dangerous and we felt it, in fact it was dangerous in person. None of us could handle it.

I wasn't the king of good decisions, but this was necessary.

The next day, I decided to avoid her and she seemed to have also understood that we had to stay away from each other. I tried to avoid talking to her and she did the same; I say tried because my job consisted of going with her everywhere.

The next day the same, the whole month the same thing. When I had to escort her to her shopping trips with her best friend, I made sure I just said what needed to be said.

Strictly professional. That's what it had to be, what I had failed to do from the beginning. I let myself pretend that I could stop thinking about her, I tried to and sure in that one month of "distance" I had gotten my shit together.

Almost.

But I couldn't ignore the weird feeling in my stomach when I thought about her even for a second. This was for the best.

Present

Today when I woke up, my mom was in my room sitting in a chair, probably waiting for me to wake up. In no time she was over me, trying to get me in a hug.

"Mom, we were together last night, remember?" I said my voice was still groggy from my sleep.

"My baby.....all grown up" she said, kissing my head.

"No. I mean yes but you weren't a year older" she said excitedly.

Shit. My birthday.

"oooh. right" I said emotionless.

"Aren't you happy son?" she asked, changing her tone.

She knew I wasn't. I always blamed myself for my birthday, The day I was born my mom's life took a turn to hell. She had to marry my fucker of a dad, a good for nothing who beat her and in the end left her.

" No I mean yeah..i don't know..i don't really care." I shrugged

" You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I hope you know that." her voice broke.

"Yeah mom, of course. I love you too." I said softly.

"Great, because I'm making a cake." she said and left my room.

This was going to be a long ass day. I just hoped the Carters wouldn't be as hype as my mom but you never really knew with those two.

I prepared myself and drove to the Carters'.

The Carters were among the people who understood my dislike for my birthday. Not really understanding because it's not as if I would like to have a heart to heart with them, but they respected it.

" Morning Beiron" greeted Mrs. Carter as soon as she saw me.

"Morning Mrs. C"

"How are you today? I know you don't like this day." she said softly.

" It sucks, but I'm all good"

" Yesterday I thought about a plan. Today I don't stay home, go out, or have fun. I don't know if I should try to be happy. It will be nice for you and I thought you wouldn't mind company so I asked Tisha to come with you and honestly I think it's a better idea and you can open up to her more than us as you are almost the same age....."

She went on but my mind got stuck when she said Tisha was coming with me. I could feel my plan was already in danger. There was no way this was going to end well, i fucking knew it.