Chapter 11: TISHA

A/N: Heyyy loves, hope you are happy for this double update. This chapter playlist has:

-Pretty bitch lifestyle by saweetie

-Little do you know by Alex& Sierra

-Facile by Camelia Jordana

So I wanted to try out something new like adding pictures of attires for example in, please let me know what you think

Happy reading, xoxo😘😘😘💖

Dedicated to _ngamije___

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say this week was stressful would be an understatement because in truth, it was mind wrecking. It always is for the galas the Carters organize but this is the first time I'm actually attending. They wanted to give me enough time to adjust and be comfortable before presenting me to everyone.

Between buying this and that, sending out invitations, blah blah blah, there was barely time to rest. I'd say at least me because I felt pity for Sam who has been running in all directions like a headless chicken despite Mr. Carter's pleas to get some rest. I barely had time to see Beiron, but we still slipped time and again to steal a few quick kisses or texts.

Now as I look at myself in the mirror, I almost can't recognize myself thanks to the beauty team that was hired to do my makeup and hair. I choked on my breath when I saw this silky dark green dress's price tag. I mean how could people spend such an amount of money on a dress! I step back to see myself full-length in the mirror and I stick my leg out through the high slit and chuckle to myself. I am still admiring the way my hair is curled when there is a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say and the door opens, revealing Sam.

"You look beautiful honey." She gives me a tight hug, pulls back to look at my face adoringly and hugs me again.

"I'd say the same for you. I say and I really mean it." The sleeveless red dress she is wearing really looks elegant on her and the way her hair is closed in a bun makes her eyes pop out beautifully.

"Thank you. You really have no idea what this means to me, to us as a family. You can't even imagine how many times I dreamed of having a daughter, to watch her grow, to take her to shopping trips and all the things my friends always talked about but me? I had nothing to say because I had no one. You can't imagine how that felt." She says and I notice her eyes start getting glossy.

I know Sam. Trust me; I know. I want to tell her but I let the words die on my tongue.

"It's okay Sam. That's not important right now. What's important right now is that we have each other, that we are happy." I squeeze her arm gently and she nods.

"I had come here to tell you we had to head down now; the majority of guests are here." She cups my cheek adoringly and I smile. I quickly put on my heels and stood up.

"ok, I'm ready." I say brightly and with one final glance in the mirror, we get out of my room.

"Wow, I didn't realize there would be this amount of people here." I say as soon as we reach the bottom of the stairs.

A waiter Comes to us with a tray and Sam takes a glass of champagne while I go with a cocktail.

This amount of rich people, I meant to say but you know as I said, I manage my words quite well.

"Yeah, we invited pretty much everyone close to us. From business partners to old friends." She beams and I let out a low laugh. Ben is talking to someone but when he sees us, he quickly excuses himself and trolls over to us.