Kabanata 35

Start

"Where on earth is she Robert?" It's a good thing na hindi ko pa naliligpit ang gamit ko dahil sinamahan ko si Ianna magswimming. I need to leave now.

"New York sir, she's with her son." Natigilan ako sa narinig. Her son?

I left Amanpulo at that instant. No one dared to stop me, This is Lia we are talking about. I'll ditch everything for her.

Pagkarating ko ng Manila ay agad kong hinanda ang jet na gagamitin ko. This is the fastest way possible. Wala na akong pakialam. All I know is she's alive. So what if she has a son? Im willing to father him. I know I'll love him as my own.

After hours, I was finally standing in front of the hospital she is working in. May nakakita raw kasi sa kanyang dating empleyado ng Miss Universe. That's how we found her.

Sobrang kinakabahan ako habang pumapasok sa ospital. Im going to finally see her. Kahit ako na lang ang naniniwalang buhay siya, hindi ako sumuko. She's my life.

I sat at the waiting lounge. Di ko alam kung bakit nanginginig ang mga kamay ko. What the hell is happening to me? Lumipas ang ilang minuto at biglang nariyan na siya sa harap ko. It's all fucking real.

"Tangina naghahallucinate ba ako? Putangina ampucha." It's really her. And she's not even sure if Im real.

She was about to turn her back at me and leave when I held on her arm. She must really think that her imagination is playing her. I pulled her towards me, god, I miss her so much.

"I found you. I finally did." And I have no plans of losing her ever again.

I was so scared of losing her again. Pakiramdam ko, malingat lang ako ng saglit mawawala na siya. While I was here, feeling all anxious, she just smiled at me and held my hand. She looks different, it's like she's been through a lot. Alam ko naman kung gaano kabigat ang pinagdaanan niya, ang mahirap pa doon. Mag-isa niyang hinarap ang lahat.

"Mommy." I turned for a bit to look at where the voice was coming from.

He's so small. And those cheeks are so full. I felt an instant connection with the child. I don't even see any resemblance with Ed. Those brown eyes make me drown into another dimension. Anak ko ito, no one can say otherwise.

"Hey there buddy, Im your daddy." Binuhat ko siya mula sa walker niya. He seemed so fascinated with my presence, well I am astonished by his.

"D-daddy?" Para akong tanga na tumatango habang tumatawa. Damn! Why did I felt electricity on my body when he called me his father.

"Yes, son. You're my son." I kissed his forehead and hugged him. This child is mine.

Pagkabalik ko sa Pilipinas ay mas pinagbutihan ko pa ang trabaho at pag-aalaga sa sarili ko. If I want to love her better, I should be better for her too. If she wants growth, I'll grow too. So that when she's ready, we'll be happy and prepared for a life-long commitment with each other. Kung hindi lang din naman si Lia ang papakasalan ko, might as well stay a bachelor.

"Why don't you ask her to marry you already?" We are now in Nelle and Anton's house. Dito kami dumerecho galing sa airport.

Joax is playing with Ianna in the pool. Hindi ko alam kung anong meron sa batang 'yan. He doesn't seem to run out of energy. Galing siya sa 16 hour long flight pero narito siya at nagsi-swimming.