Chapter Seven

Fog stuck heavily to the earth below. Tawnypaw watched her clanmates walk by. Today is one of those days.

These couple of weeks have been horrible. With Moonpaw injured and the Clans on the edge of war. Tawnypaw has been doing her best to keep up with her apprentice duties without worrying, but she can't help it. How many cats will be injured by the end of leaf-fall.

Besides all the troubles in life, Tawnypaw has been hanging out with Coalpaw more. Ever since Tawnypaw became an apprentice, She's been training with Coalpaw. She would feel her heart pound whenever he's around. She couldn't help it, falling in love with him. He was so charming and kind to her.

Coalpaw padded over to her, setting down two robins, "Wanna share?" He asked, tilting his head. Tawnypaw blushed a bit, "Sure! I'd love that!" She smiled softly. Coalpaw sat down beside her, taking a bite of his robin, "Moonpaw alright?" Her gaze softened, "I don't know."
Coalpaw looked at him. Silence went between the two. He stood up, "We could visit her if you would like!" Tawnypaw chuckled, "Alright! Just let me finish my robin." He chuckled in embarrassment, sitting down and finishing off his.

Once they were done, the two padded into the Medicine den. Featherwish was in her nest, sound asleep. Herbs were stacked in a corner neatly. Near the herbs, was a nest with Moonpaw curled up, sleeping peacefully. Swiftstorm was right beside her, watching Moonpaw calmly. Swiftstorm?!? What's he doing here? Coalpaw purred and padded over to his old denmate, "Hey Swiftstorm!" Swiftstorm fur slightly bristled, but then went back down when he saw it was Coalpaw. Tawnypaw glared at Swiftstorm through lidded eyes. He turned his gaze back towards Moonpaw. Concern coated his wide eyes, "What brings you two here?" His voice was calm, his gaze not leaving Moonpaw, "We're here to check on Moonpaw." Coalpaw replied. He turned towards his old denmate, "She's fine..." His voice trailed off, "What about Tigertail?"
"He's dead."

"Dead?" His eyes widened. Tawnypaw nodded. He turned to Moonpaw.
Her soft gray side lifted up as she let out a sigh of relief. He smiled softly, licking her cheek gently. Coalpaw smiled, "Well, we'll leave you two alone." He turned to Tawnypaw, "Come on! We could go hunting!"
Her eyes gleamed with excitement, "Alright, Let's go!"

The two went out of camp and into the forest. They dashed through the forest, breeze flowing through their fur. Coalpaw raced past her, laughing, "Try to keep up, slow poke!" He taunted. She growled playfully, chasing after him. They raced past rocks and boulders, near where the dog was when Shadowpaw, Wolfpaw, and Ferretpaw had been attacked. That's in the past, Tawnypaw. You have the present under your paws.

Coalpaw was ahead of her. His tail was the only thing in sight. She squeaked and sped up, catching up. But he was faster than her. His paws hit the ground with a thud each time. Wind batted their faces as they raced and danced along their clan's border. Tawnypaw pounced onto Coalpaw, making him fall into the soft green grass. He let out a chuckle, squirming in her grasp. They laid there, cuddling and purring.
"What do you think the future will be like?" He murmured.
"Probably amazing. We'd be Warriors, defending our clan." She breathed out, thinking about being a warrior. He smiled softly, looking into her eyes. They locked gazes for a moment.

He rasped his tongue over her ear,
"Tawnypaw, can you promise me something?"
"Yeah what is it?"
"That we'll become warriors together, no matter what.."
She let out a raspy purr,
"Of course.."
With that, the two apprentices layed there, cuddling without a care in the world.