Chapter Seventeen

Tonight was the night of the half moon, when the medicine cats travel to Starry Forest to speak with StarClan. Moonpaw looked at her side. A sleeping Darkpaw was curled up next to her. Since the battle with BlazeClan, Moonpaw has been staying in the medicine cat den to recover from her wounds. Darkpaw refused to leave her side, scared that he will lose her. Moonpaw shifted a bit, making Darkpaw wake up. He lifted up his head, "hm?" His green eyes glimmering with exhaustion. He turned to her, "Hey, are you okay? You've been quite jumpy today."
She looked down, "Do you think BlazeClan will attack us for revenge?"
He shook his head, "Raystar is smarter than that. At least, I hope.." He looked at her, "If they come back for more, we'll be prepared."

A head poked into the den. The two apprentices snapped their heads toward them, startled. It was Rosewing. She looked horrified, her gray and ginger fur bristling, "Where does Featherwish keep her herbs?" She asked shakily.

Darkpaw stood up, his claws unsheathed, "What are you doing here?" He growled out. Rosewing looked at him, "Please, tell me where she keeps her herbs! Featherwish is dying!" She practically cried. It went silent for a moment, Moonpaw was afraid Darkpaw would attack the BlazeClan medicine cat right then and there. Instead, he pointed over to the stack of herbs with his tail. Rosewing immediately went through the herbs, "Marigold...marigold.." Her fur was bristling as she went through each and every herb.

Beestar padded into the den, his gaze filled with worry, "Did you find it?"
Rosewing picked up a bundle of herbs, she nodded.
"What's going on?" Darkpaw asked, now concerned.
"Rouges..." Beestar muttered under his breath, "We have to hurry!" He rushed out of the den, Rosewing following behind. Moonpaw sat in her nest, looking deeply worried, Is Featherwish okay? Darkpaw exchanged a glance with Moonpaw. He laid back down. She looked at him, "Do you think Featherwish's okay?"
Darkpaw looked back at her, "We'll find out in the morning, come on, lay down with me.."
She nodded, laying down next to him, almost immediately going to sleep.

***
Moonpaw looked panicked, running through the forest, I have to get back! The forest seemed endless, the trees and bushes increasing. She looked panicked, going through the forest, I have to tell Beestar!
Dark shadows caught up to her, pulling her back into the darkness. She let out a wail of terror as she felt herself being dragged into the shadows. She closed her eyes, This is the end.....
She felt someone whisper in her ear, "Night will rise, drowning the forest in blood and claws. The four must become one to save the clans from war. But beware, for a darkness will spread, and all will be lost in the dark shadows of war..."
***
Moonpaw's eyes busted open. She looked around in fear, then let out a soft sigh. It was just a dream..
Morning has come, the soft light of the sun flickering into the den. She looked to see Featherwish in her nest. She was bandaged up in cobwebs, her side went up as she let out a sigh. Moonpaw stood up, and slowly padded out of the den.

Bloodmoon was organizing patrols, "Dustnight, I would like you to take a patrol up the riverbank. Take Liontuft and Swiftstorm with you." Dustnight nodded, turning to the two cats.

Angelpaw was practicing battle moves with Darkpaw, while Adderstrike and Tallblossom watched, their pelts brushing together. They seem close.. Moonpaw inspected the two, before her blue gaze fixed on a sad looking Wolfpaw.
I wonder what's wrong with him.. She shook off her thoughts, "Moonpaw!" A voice was heard from the clearing, Hollycloud padded up to her, "Are you alright?" She nodded a response. Hollycloud smiled, "I see you're out of the medicine den?"
Moonpaw chuckled, "Yeah, I just needed some fresh air." She padded up to the fresh-kill pile. She picked up a fat shrew, heading near a tree stump. She set her shrew down, and started eating, then immediately spat it out. A disgusting smell came from the fresh-kill, as Moonpaw inspected it. The prey was black with mold. Moonpaw's eyes widened, her heart beating. The fur on her neck stood up as she felt a cold breath crawl on her neck, "The four will become one to save the clan...."