Chapter Nine

Moonpaw's eyes fluttered open slowly as she groaned in pain. Her whole body ached with a numb feeling of pain. Where am I? She looked around the dim den she was in. It was the medicine cat's den. Herbs were stacked neatly in a pile near the corner. Featherwish sat in her nest, sleeping peacefully. Her tail twitched every so often. Moonpaw tried to get up but then hissed in pain. Her whole body was filled with pain.

"You should take it easy on yourself.." A quiet deep voice was heard. Moonpaw looked to the voice. Her blue eyes shimmering. Swiftstorm's brown pelt was seen. His eyes gleamed with concern. 
"What happened?" Moonpaw croaked. Swiftstorm ignored her, "What were you thinking? Going into BlazeClan territory?! They think Tigertail's death is because of you!" Moonpaw looked at him confused. Her eyes gleamed with realization. I didn't mean to stir trouble. Guilt crept up her paws. Swiftstorm's gaze softened, "It's not your fault.." He murmured softly as if he read her thoughts. Moonpaw still looked guilty. He sighed and sat beside her. She looked at him, He's not angry….. 
His gaze softened with sympathy, "I'm scared for you, Moonpaw. You know that, right?" She didn't answer. 
"Your father was one of the greatest warriors I ever known…." He mumbled, ever so slightly. 
Moonpaw looked at him. Her blue eyes filled with grief. 

Weeks after her birth, her father, Monsterclaw, was ran over by a monster on the thunderpath. Adderstrike had to drag the gray warrior's body to camp. Though, he never made it. Many cats were filled with grief. Dawnstream, Liontuft, Swiftstorm, and Featherwish. 
"He was my mentor before Whiteshadow.." He murmured. She looked at him filled with grief, "I know…." 
Her mother never told her any stories about the gray warrior, but Halfsoul did. She always said to her, "Monsterclaw would be so proud…" Or something along those lines. Swiftstorm looked at her. Silence overwhelmed the two. This is awkward…. She fiddled with her soft gray paws. 

"Did you know that you and Halfsoul are related?" He asked. His voice was still filled with sorrow, after bringing up his former mentor. Moonpaw shook her head, Liontuft never told me I was related to Halfsoul. "Halfsoul is Monsterclaw's mother. Her mate was Pebblestone." He continued. Moonpaw's eyes glimmered with curiosity, "What did Pebblestone look like?" He smiled a bit, "He was a dark warrior with light blue-gray paws. He passed away in a bear attack.. along with Harefoot." Moonpaw's eyes glimmered. She's heard stories about Harefoot from Fishpelt. He seemed to be grieving for the gray cat. And yet, he still told her about Harefoot, unlike Halfsoul and Liontuft. 
"What will happen to the Clan because of me…." She murmured guiltily. 

Swiftstorm stayed silent. His gaze softened, "I don't know.." She felt even more guilty. So many cats may get hurt, because of me…. 
"We're trying to avoid battle.." He said, trying to comfort her. He gave her ear a soft gentle lick. It was comforting. Swiftstorm laid beside her. His soft warm flank close to hers. She laid her head down on her paws. She blinked off sleep, but failed miserably. Her eyes shut as she breathed softly. Swiftstorm remained by her side. A purr rumbled through his throat, "Goodnight, Moonpaw. See you in the morning…" His tongue rasped over her ear.

***

It's the day after Fireblaze's death. Featherwish finally let her out of the den. All she had to do was take it easy in training. Halfsoul and Fishpelt was taking Fireblaze's body away, heading to the forest to do his burial. The dawn patrol was already gone, as well as the hunting patrol. Moonpaw watched her denmates practice their battle moves. Wolfpaw batted Tawnypaw's underbelly before she could even dodge. Tawnypaw batted his face. The two apprentices started battling, claws sheathed. Moonpaw padded to Ferretpaw and Angelpaw, who were sharing a mouse before heading to their mentors. 

"Tallblossom's going to take me training with Redpaw and Adderstrike today." Angelpaw meowed. Ferretpaw's eyes gleamed, "Brooklight says She's going to take me on a hunting patrol later." She purred, then noticed Moonpaw, "Hey Moonpaw!" Moonpaw smiled, "Hey!" 
"I see you're out of the medicine den" 
Moonpaw nodded, "Featherwish says I'm well enough to go back to training." Ferretpaw purred, "That's great!" She nodded, purring. Hollycloud padded over to her apprentice. Her green eyes were overfilled with sorrow, "Moonpaw, Dustnight has agreed to take you to the hunting patrol later." Ferretpaw perked up, "That means we get to hunt together!" Moonpaw purred, her tail wagging back and forth. 

"Angelpaw!" Her mentor called for her. Angelpaw finished up her mouse, "Well, I gotta go! See you guys!" 
"See you!" Ferretpaw purred. Moonpaw sat beside her. She could feel morning dew clinging to the grass beneath her gray paws. Beestar was chatting with Featherwish. Moonpaw sighed, they're probably talking about Fireblaze's death. Would BlazeClan really be angry enough to kill one of our warriors?
Her thoughts were interrupted as Bloodmoon and Bugclaw came into camp, followed by Swiftstorm, Fishpelt, and Shadowpaw. Beestar immediately rushed to the dark gray deputy. 

"Beestar," She meowed, "We have visitors.." Three BlazeClan cats were behind them. Two of them, she recognized, Yellowstrike and Rosewing. The other cat Moonpaw did not recognize. He was a black tom with a white chest, almost as white as snow. His deep blue eyes glistened as he gazed around with curiosity. Yellowstrike dipped his head with respect, though he looked angry, "Beestar," His voice sounded cold and rough, "Raystar wants to hold an emergency meeting" 

Beestar dug his claws in the dirt below his dark paws. Though, he looked calm, "Alright when shall the meeting begin?" 

"This evening, when the sun is setting below the trees." Rosewing answered his question. 

Beestar nodded, respectfully, "Expect us to be there." He turned to Swiftstorm, "Swiftstorm, take Moonpaw and lead them out of our camp."
 Swiftstorm nodded, turning to Moonpaw, "Come on, Moonpaw." 

She stood up and padded to his side. He led them out of camp and into the forest. Moonpaw followed behind him, with Yellowstrike and that apprentice behind her. Rosewing fell behind but eventually caught up. The apprentice caught up to Moonpaw, "Hi, I'm Eelpaw!" Eelpaw meowed, "What's your name?" Moonpaw turned to him, "I'm Moonpaw"

"That's a pretty name!" He purred out. His eyes gleamed. 

Moonpaw smiled, "Thank you!"
"Maybe next time You'll get to see my camp!" He teased her. She chuckled. 

Eventually, they reached the border. She felt her paws tingle with anxiety once she saw where the landslide was. You could definitely tell it was there. Dirt piles laid around and the grass beneath was destroyed. Swiftstorm noticed her worried and padded over to her side. He licked her ear comfortably, as if to say that it was okay, "Alright" He turned to the BlazeClan warriors, "You three should get back to your territory" He growled at them. Yellowstrike growled back but then led his clanmates back to their territory, deep into the woods. Swiftstorm turned back to camp with Moonpaw following behind him. They walked silently back to camp, not saying one word. All that was heard was the song from the birds above them. Anxiety chewed near her ribs. What's going to happen? Will BlazeClan try to start a war? Her thoughts were clouded with fear. Raystar doesn't let things go too quickly…..