Chapter Nineteen

Tawnypaw stalked quietly in the tall grass. Her gaze was focused on the rabbit in front of her. It sniffed at the air softly, settling down. Tawnypaw unsheathed her claws, You're mine….
Within a heartbeat, she pounced onto the rabbit, her jaws biting down on its neck. It went limp in her mouth, her heart filled with pride, I did it!

"Great job Tawnypaw!" Dustnight's mew was heard. He watched her with approval. Tawnypaw felt a purr rumble in her throat. 

Grayclaw had stayed at camp to stay with Morningblaze and their kits, Dustnight had volunteered to take Tawnypaw out hunting. 

Dustnight meowed, snapping Tawnypaw out of her thoughts, "Ready to head back?" She nodded. With that, the two picked up the other fresh-kill they caught and headed back to camp. As soon as they set foot into the clearing, Stormkit and Soulkit's curious squeaks were heard, "Tawnypaw! Tawnypaw! You're back!" They bounced around her paws. Tawnypaw smiled softly. Their eyes burned with curiosity, "What did you see? Did you see BlazeClan? Did you rip them to shreds?" Stormkit asked, his blue-gray fur ruffled and his eyes wide. Tawnypaw chuckled softly, putting down the rest of the prey she caught. The was rabbit still in her jaw. She padded into the nursery, "Dawnstream, I have some fresh-kill if you're hungry." She called to the gray queen. Dawnstream turned to her, "Thank you Tawnypaw!" 
Tawnypaw purred and gently dropped the rabbit at her paws.

A loud shriek was heard, making Tawnypaw's fur bristle with alarm, Liontuft?!?

She ran out of the nursery, her eyes widened when she saw BlazeClan cats. This time, there were way more cats, the smell of kittypet lingered around the unfamiliar. The clearing was filled with battle. Blackclaw's yowl was heard, "BlazeClan, attack! Raid their nursery, destroy their herb supply!" 
Tawnypaw looked in horror, her fur bristling, The kits! 

"Tawnypaw!" Coalpaw rushed to her, "Are you okay?" He asked. Tawnypaw looked at him, "The nursery! They're going to hurt the kits!" 

A growl was heard from the nursery, then a loud wail. Immediately, the two apprentices rushed into the nursery, their hearts beating swiftly.
Foxtail's green gaze was seen in the dark shadows of the den. He formed a smile on his face. Dawnstream was in her nest, her fur bristling and her lips curled in a snarl. The bones of the the fresh-kill still layed beside her nest.

Tawnypaw growled, "Leave mangy crow-eater!" She swiped her claws at Foxtail. Foxtail dodged, knocking her off her paws. He put a paw firmly on her spine, keeping her pinned down. Her heart started pounding in her chest as she felt his claws dig into her skin. She hissed in pain, I have to do something!

She rolled onto her back, knocking the red furred warrior off. She immediately stood up before he had the chance to pin her back down. Foxtail growled, his lips curled into a snarl, "Not bad for an apprentice." He smirked, padding closer to her, his muscles rippling through his sleek reddish fur. His claws unsheathed, he swiped at her, but Coalpaw bumped into him, knocking him down. More warriors filled the den. Within a second, Tawnypaw and Coalpaw were surrounded by warriors. They stood back to back, protecting Dawnstream and Morningblaze. 

Tawnypaw growled, her eyes burning with rage. She swiped her claws at the warriors, blood splattered across the room. 
Foxtail yowled, "Quick, go back to the clearing!" The warriors retreated, rushing out of the den. Tawnypaw panted, she felt her paws heavy with exhaustion, but she shook it off, I can't rest!
"Come on, we have to go help the Clan," Coalpaw huffed out. He turned to the two queens, "Don't worry, We're going to get Grayclaw, he'll keep you all safe.." 

Tawnypaw shared a glance with Coalpaw before following him out of the den and into the clearing. A strong scent of blood filled her nostrils. Cats fought in the clearing, their claws raking into their opponents. 
"No, Please don't!" A sob was heard near them. Tawnypaw looked to see Liontuft surrounded by Silentglare and Lynxmask. 
"Awh, What's the matter Liontuft, scared of dying…" Silentglare taunted, cackling.