Chapter Thirteen

Silence overwhelmed the clan as they ran through the forest. Moonpaw looked around her clanmates. Beestar led them, followed by Bloodmoon. Brooklight stood beside Fishpelt, who begged to go even though he was still very sick. Dustnight and Bramblefeather were beside each other, their brown pelts blended in with each other. Whiteshadow stayed near Tawnypaw, watching her closely, while Wolfpaw led Shadowpaw through the patrol. Redpaw stayed near Adderstrike, with Coalpaw and Swiftstorm behind them. Liontuft fell behind, though she has caught up to Brooklight and Fishpelt. Darkpaw looked at Moonpaw, his tail touched hers, "You okay?" He asked.
Moonpaw nodded, "Of course, I've been in battle before." He still looked concerned but sighed, "If you say so.." 

Beestar quietly stopped. He turned to his clan, "Bloodmoon, Whiteshadow, you will lead us into camp." He turned to the rest of the clan, "We will wait for the first yowl as a signal." He turned back to his deputy, "Ready?" 
She nodded and rushed to the entrance, with Whiteshadow following behind her. Two guards stood at the entrance. One of them, Moonpaw recognized, Foxtail. The other,  Moonpaw did not. A yowl came from them, as Bloodmoon and Whiteshadow clawed their muzzles, making an entrance for the others. Moonpaw felt her paws rush into BlazeClan camp with her clanmates. A warrior poked their head out of the warriors den. Their fur bristled with alarm, "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!"

The clearing awoke with fighting cats, screeching. Moonpaw unsheathed her claws and swiped her claws at her opponents belly. They dodged her attack, knocking her off her paws. She fell to the ground, hissing. Russet fur covered her vision as they practically crushed her. They let out a chuckle, "Not so tough, are you?" They started cackling. Moonpaw squirmed in their grasp. Fear prickled inside her. 

"Falconpaw!" She heard a loud growl, "We have to go! There's too many of them!" 
"But there's more of us!" They let go of Moonpaw. Moonpaw immediately ran off. She looked around. Dustnight and Liontuft were fighting together. Liontuft looked badly injured, her shoulder bleeding badly onto her golden fur. Swiftstorm was fighting with Foxtail, their growls were heard in her ear. A loud cry was heard, making her snap her attention towards them. Two kits stood in horror, watching their clanmates fight. They were shaking with fear, whimpering. Moonpaw started heading towards them, until a weak body of a tom was thrown at their paws. 
"Drizzlefur!" One of the kits cried loudly, going up to the body. 
Adderstrike chuckled darkly, stepping toward the kits. "You." The kit snarled, "You hurt my clan and now I'll hurt you!" They leaped onto Adderstrike, but Adderstrike raked his claws in their underbelly, their blood splattering everywhere. Moonpaw let out a horrified cry, watching as the kit went limp in a pool of their own blood. Adderstrike looked at her before heading away, helping Redpaw fend off a gray she-cat. Moonpaw stood there, unable to move. He killed….a kit.. 

A black blur knocked Moonpaw off of her paws, pinning her down. Her blue eyes widened when she was face to face with Eelpaw. 
"Eelpaw?" She stammered out. 
"What are you doing here?" He hissed in her face. Her gaze clouded. She pushed Eelpaw off of her, standing up before he had a chance to pin her back down, "It's not like I have a choice to be here. All I'm doing is following my leader's orders and avenging Fireblaze's death." 
Eelpaw growled, "avenging? All you're doing is causing more harm." He swiped her claws at her, but she dodged, "You killed Tigertail.."
"Tigertail died from a flood!" She snarled, pouncing onto him. She buried her claws in his shoulders. He let out a growl, raking his claws in her stomach. She let out a loud cry of pain and Eelpaw kicked her off. She hit the ground with a thud, then shakily tried to get up, but Eelpaw kept her down, chuckling. His claws unsheathed. Moonpaw whimpered, unable to escape his grip. She closed her eyes, accepting her death.

"NO!" She heard a loud screech before feeling the weight off of her. She cracked an eye open to see Darkpaw's dark fur. He threw Eelpaw away, then rushed to her side, "Moonpaw!" Tears streamed in his eyes, "You're going to be fine!" He cried, sitting down beside her. She looked at him. Her vision was blurry, but she could still make out his shape. Rain started pelting down heavily, hitting them all. Her fur felt wet and damp. He licked her ear, "You're going to be okay" He pressed his dark gray pelt onto hers. She looked up at him, is it really that bad?
She lifted up her head to look at her stomach. Her eyes widened with horror. Blood poured everywhere, staining the damp dark grass. Her body started quivering as Darkpaw lifted her up, carrying her to a boulder. He placed her down on the rock, her blood pouring onto the cold surface. Is this how I'm going to die? 

A loud call came from the high rock, "Beestar!"
 Cats stopped fighting and turned their attention toward Raystar. Raystar's fur was bristling with anger, "What do you think you are doing?!?" He growled at Beestar. 
Beestar's eyes glistened with fury, "SkyClan will not rest until this battle has been won." He growled. Raystar growled, "So you think killing one of our kits will solve your problems?" 
Beestar didn't answer. 
The BlazeClan leader let out a huff, "Take your warriors and get out of my camp."
Beestar growled about to attack.

"Beestar, please. This war can be fought another time.." Darkpaw called, his voice filled with worry. Beestar glanced down at his kit before glaring back at Raystar, "This war is not over...SkyClan retreat…." 
Moonpaw listened to the mutters of her clanmates as Darkpaw carried her on his back, walking slowly to the thorn tunnel. 
"You're going to be fine……" was the only thing Moonpaw heard before blacking out.