Chapter Fourteen

Redpaw let out a hiss as Featerwish put herbs onto her wounds. The afternoon sun glimmered brightly. All morning, Featherwish has been spending her time tending to the injured. Most of the Clan were badly injured. Liontuft, Fishpelt, Moonpaw, Bramblefeather, and Whiteshadow. Redpaw glared at Darkpaw, who was curled up next to Moonpaw. She scoffed. Of course he's worried about Moonpaw. It's like everyone is worried about her.
"You're all set." Featherwish meowed. Redpaw stood up and headed out of the den to meet up with Adderstrike.

Adderstrike turned to Redpaw, purring, "Redpaw, Come come, I have something to show you."
Redpaw nodded softly

***
Redpaw huffed, following after her mentor. Rocks poked at her paw pads as she noticed a thorn barrier, as if a camp was there. Adderstrike went through the thorn tunnel, Redpaw falling behind. Eventually, she picked up all her strength and followed behind him. What she saw she couldn't believe. It's a camp!

Cats sat in the clearing, sharing tongues. Redpaw watched in amazement. Surprisingly, there were cats she recognized. BlazeClan!

Two apprentices sat near a branch. One of them stood up, their dark gray fur fluffed up, "We could've chased those fox-hearts away!" He hissed.
Eelpaw huffed. He sat beside the tabby russet apprentice, "Beestar's becoming mouse-brained." He huffed. Redpaw felt a shiver go up her spine when she saw Silentglare sitting beside Blackclaw. Why are they here? She questioned.

Three cats sat near a fresh-kill pile, their dark pelts touching. A black tom padded to up to Adderstrike. He dipped his black furred head, "Adderstrike, such a delight to see you. How have you been?"
"Beestar attacked BlazeClan recently." Adderstrike reported. The tom seemed to smile, sending shivers down Redpaw's spine.

The black furred tom turned his blue gaze toward her, "Who's this?"
Adderstrike let out a purr, "This is Redpaw, my kit." As the tom inspected her, Redpaw shifted uncomfortably. What is this place? She questioned herself. He turned to Adderstrike, smiling and letting out a purr, "It's good to see her. She looks like she'd be a strong warrior." He flicked his black furred tail at her cheek. Redpaw shifted back uncomfortably. Her fur bristled a bit.

Silentglare stood up and padded to them. Her cold blue gaze looked at Redpaw then toward Adderstrike, "I see you've brought Redpaw."
Adderstrike nodded, "It's time she follows her destiny."
My destiny?!!?! How does he know that this place will be apart of my destiny?!
Silentglare purred, "NightClan will rise from the ashes, the clans will pay!"

Repaw watched as cats started surrounding her, curiosity filled their gazes. She stayed near Adderstrike as she listened to their murmurs.
"A new apprentice?" A kind soft voice came from a light gray she-cat, her blue eyes glistening.
"More warriors for battle.." another cat said, their voice more deep and raspy.

Redpaw looked at the crowd around her. Her fur bristled slightly, What do they mean by 'More warriors for battle' do they mean the battle with BlazeClan.
She noticed Eelpaw sitting away from the crowd, hissing under his breath. His claws dug into the dirt. What's wrong with him? She shook off her thoughts as the tabby russet apprentice from before padded up to her. He let out a purr as a greeting, "Hello, My name is Falconpaw."
Redpaw smiled nervously, Don't make a fool of yourself, "I'm Redpaw. Nice to meet you" Falconpaw purred, sitting down beside her and pointed to the dark gray apprentice, "That's my brother, Flintpaw. We were born here in NightClan and we're taken in by BlazeClan."
She smiled softly, "Well, I'm guessing you know about me." She chuckled awkwardly. Falconpaw chuckled as well, "You must be Adderstrike's kit." She nodded, "Yep, that's me."

The black tom leaped onto the rock, his muscles showing from his dark pelt. Redpaw felt a shiver crawl up her spine, but she stayed silent as her ear flicked, listening to what he has to say, "Cats Of NightClan," His voice echoed through the clearing, "Next moon we shall meet up, when the moon has disappeared from the sky."
Cat murmured to each other, their tails lashing. Adderstrike dipped his head with respect, "Expect me to be there.." With that, he padded near the thorn tunnel, then turned his red brown head to Redpaw, "Let's go back to camp" He meowed. Redpaw nodded and followed her mentor up the slope. She thought about Falconpaw, He was kind.. She thought to herself, putting her paws back onto SkyClan territory. By the time they were back at camp, the sun started to fall near the horizon. Redpaw went to the fresh-kill pile, grabbing a fat vole. Tawnypaw and Coalpaw were sharing a thrush, while Darkpaw, Wolfpaw, and Angelpaw chatted with each other. Redpaw's ear flicked as she heard Darkpaw's worried voice, "What if she doesn't make it?"