Chapter Fifteen

"Come on Redpaw," Ferretpaw's irritated sigh was heard, "You've been distracted all day. What's up?" Tawnypaw lifted up her head to look at Redpaw. She was in her nest, her dark green eyes seemed fixed on something else. Coalpaw let out a chuckle, his tail curled up near his paws. He watched the other apprentices chat and joke around. 
Tawnypaw smiled softly, and scooted over to him, putting her head on his stomach. Coalpaw rasped his tongue over her ear. 

These past days, Tawnypaw hasn't felt like herself. It felt strange to have Skylily gone. Coalpaw was the only one to cheer her up. He made her feel happy inside, even if she lost her kin. There were others there for her too. Like Ferretpaw, Wolfpaw, Angelpaw, Whiteshadow, and even her mentor. 

"Redpaw!" Adderstrike's voice boomed through the apprentice's den. Tawnypaw snapped her head toward the red brown warrior. She turned to her Redpaw, who was tensed up. She stood up and looked around at the apprentice's, "I have...to go.." She went after her mentor silently. 
For a heartbeat, it was silent, until Wolfpaw stood up, "I'm going to get some fresh-kill." He meowed. Shadowpaw stood up as well, "I'll come with you! I could get a snack!" She purred. With that, the two apprentices left the den, leaving the others in silence as they broke apart to tend to their duties. Tawnypaw stood up, her paws clumsily stepped out of the den. Coalpaw stayed close to her, their pelts brushing.

Most of the leaves on the trees had fallen onto the ground, creating huge piles of yellows, oranges, and reds. Soulkit and Stormkit were seen in the piles, scattering the leaves around as they played. Tawnypaw let out a small chuckle, I remember when I was that little.. Coalpaw smiled softly, "Would you like to go hunting?" His amber eyes gazed at her. She nodded, her tail wagging swiftly behind her. 
His eyes brightened, "Then let's go!"

***
The sun started to set, coloring the sky pinkish. Tawnypaw sat down and watched the sun go down. Darkpaw slipped into the medicine den, with Wolfpaw following behind them. On the other side of the clearing, Brooklight was sharing prey with Thunderfox. The two seemed deep in conversation. Liontuft was not far from them, her golden fur slightly bristled from the cold wind. Tawnypaw yawned, feeling exhausted as she picked up her paws and headed back to her nest. Coalpaw laid in his nest, already curled up and falling asleep. He opened his eyes and looked at her, smiling sleepily, "Hey Tawnypaw!" A purr rumbled in his throat. She sat down beside him, scooting closer to him. A warm feeling filled her. Her heart beated in her chest. He rasped his tongue around her ear, "Have you ate yet?" He asked. She nodded as a response. 
"Good." He purred out, falling asleep. Tawnypaw felt her eyelids close, as she fell deep into sleep.
***
The forest glowed a blueish color from the full moon. Tawnypaw laid in the cool grass, dew clung to her white fur. The stars above her glimmered in the sky. Clouds drifted in the sky, covering the moon and stars. Tawnypaw closed her eyes, I can get used to this…

Drip. Something dropped onto her nose. A raindrop! She opened her green eyes, then looked in horror as blood fell from the sky, staining the earth below it red. 
"Tawnypaw…." 
**
"Tawnypaw!" A voice was heard. Tawnypaw's eyes opened, she gasped then looked around. She was back in the apprentice's den. Coalpaw was in front of her. His amber gaze was filled with concern, "Are you alright?" 
Tawnypaw nodded, calming down. It was just a dream…. 

Coalpaw looked at her, before padding outside into the night. Hesitantly, Tawnypaw got up, following him. The moon was still in the dark sky, shining down onto the earth below. Tawnypaw looked around. Only a couple of cats were awake. Beestar and Dawnstream were chatting quietly to each other, their voices hushed. They soon purred and nuzzled each other. Tawnypaw smiled softly, watching them, They seem so happy…. She looked up at the sky, thinking of what the future would bring, Will I ever be that happy?