Chapter 8 ░ Tangled

"So, uhh, sit wherever you want

"So, uhh, sit wherever you want. Make yourself at home," Ander said, gesturing around his room that sat on the second floor of the house.

Reina gingerly perched herself on the chair next to his study table, while Ander decided to plop onto his bed.

On hindsight, maybe it wasn't the best idea to invite a girl back to the house – especially when she had a boyfriend who already disliked him for various reasons. And Ander was pretty sure that this would give Matteo the biggest reason ever to hate him.

Because of the goods that were about to be consumed, Ander and Reina couldn't exactly hang out in the living room. Though Ander's parents were out at a dinner party, they could come back anytime.

"Here's your pizza." Ander awkwardly passed to Reina her box.

"Thanks," Reina answered with equal amount of awkwardness. "Umm, I think I should make it clear, that we're purely here to eat pizza and smoke weed."

Ander nodded. "No problem. We're on the same page."

"Nothing else can happen. I mean, nothing else will."

Again, Ander nodded his head. Never mind that the two previous times they'd met, they had ended up kissing. And there were drugs involved tonight...

"Right." Reina looked around the room. "So do you have the stuff we need to roll our joints?"

"Yeah."

Ander retrieved what they needed from his desk drawers and they got started at constructing the weed joints.

"So... This is your family house?" Reina inquired.

"Yeah, it is. Why?"

"It's just – not quite the kind of house I imagined a Las Encinas student would live in..."

Ander smirked. "You mean, it's not a grand mansion with ten rooms, seven bathrooms and five maids?"

Reina's eyebrows shot up guiltily. "Well..."

"I'm not rich at all, if that's what you're asking. I only got into Las Encinas because my mom's the headmistress."

"Oh. What's that like, being the headmistress's son in school?"

"It's not a big deal. Nobody treats me any differently because of it."

Soon, the joints were ready. Ander opened the door that led to his room balcony and lit up. He leaned against one side of the doorway, while Reina took the other side.

Ander's first intake of the joint got him coughing badly and Reina laughing hard.

"You okay there?" she asked.

"Never better," he wheezed. "It's my first time smoking weed," he admitted.

"Aww, I'm honored that you're sharing your first time with me," Reina teased.