Chapter 17

I wake up, my tummy hurts so bad. I finally also have my period for the first time in months. I ask Adam "hey Adam should I start taking birth control" "why y/n I mean we should definitely start having sex with a condom because this can't happen again" yes that's so true I think to myself.

I go to the pharmacy and pick up some birth control and some condoms. I put some condoms in my bag and I put some in my jacket and car. I get home and walk inside like nothing has happened. I take my first birth control pill and my period end immediately.

There is a party tonight where I'm going to go to, Nicki and I are definitely also bringing Adam. I get ready call Adam to come and we grab the car and go on our way. While I'm in the car I see something on the news. This is serious, "George floyd, black man died after US police officers brutally pinned him to the ground" I watched the whole video..

⚠️ TW WARNING ⚠️  D**th

I watch the video, it shocks me, I start crying he was unarmed. Why did the police officer keep him pinned down. It's crazy. U slowly started to see him die, and at the end he was dead. It was to crazy for words and it made me sick. I put my phone down and look out of the window, I keep questioning myself why, I couldn't keep calm anymore and I started crying. "Hey y/n your doing okay?" I start crying even harder, "no Adam I'm not doing okay, can we just stay the night at Nicki's place, I'll tell you two everything"

I look out of the window, we're 10 minutes away from Nicki's place. I keep seeing his face, and the officer pinning him down on the ground with his knee in George's neck. It almost keeps haunting me, I feel gross, disgusted. How can one do this to another.

We arrive at Nicki's home and I run to her, I start crying. How did this affect me so much. I tell Nicki and Adam everything. Adam and Nicki also watched the video, they founding crazy and sick how this could happen.

I kept and kept getting flashbacks, seeing him lay on the ground alive and say "I can't breath" and then seeing him lay dead on the ground. The officer pinning him down almost smiling. It made me feel horrible. How can this be acceptable, he was unarmed. They could've handled this situation so much better but no. The cop really felt the need to pin him down till it was too late.

————————————————————————hey everyone, the last part is mostly from me, I'm a girl who lives in the netherlands, things here are very different than in the USA especially around cops etc. When I first saw the video, this morning, it had me shocked. I won't go in all the dept about my opinions but other then that this is wrong. Very wrong, no one should also have to through this. My heart goes out to all of you who live with this fear and or have seen something like this happen or seen. BLACK LIVES MATTER.