Prologue

The days weren't all bad. Sometimes we'd sit outside, the little family that didn't leave us, waiting for something to happen. Most usually nothing happened. Josh and his sidekicks didn't show their faces, not once since the last battle. Most usually we didn't talk about it. We thought that a vacation was needed. So we'd just sit, and talk about life and eventually, we enrolled in a boarding school for non-humans. Everyone was enrolled. Even Cadence. Her being almost Thirteen, gave her the advantage to go to the school, and besides, Vannessa was going to be there with her. We had run into Hayden at the school, a few times. She was reconciling about trying to emerge her classes with the two youngest. She got accepted. So now, school was the only place, we had been for the past year and eleven months. 

Yep, we waited that long for Josh to show his face, and wouldn't you know it, he didn't. He didn't even give us any sign that he was still alive. In no more than a month, Cadence would be old enough to date Alejandro. He'd taken a liking to her. Besides he did imprint on her. He loved her, and I was pretty sure she loved him as well. The fact that she asked him to wait for her, and he told her that he would, proved their love for one another. Jackson and I were proud to be together. We went to school every day, had the same classes, and then we'd come home, to Grams and Mom. Dad was the history teacher at the school. The entire world knew about us, and they begged for help, to stop the war we knew was coming. And so we'd find the second ring, even if it took us a long time. We were going to find it.