Chapter 3

Harry's pov.

So here I sat.

In detention, with Zayn.

What the hell? I have no idea what came over me, I was acting so out of character when firstly I actually talked to him, then I stood up for him. But he was just being so nice and his big brown eyes and flawless tanned ski-. No. I just hadn't had enough sleep and wasn't thinking like myself, that's it.

"Mrs Sweep needs my assistance for a while, I expect you boys to sit here in silence. No exceptions." His voice was stern before he stormed off leaving me and Zayn sitting only a desk away from each other. I'm not sure If I should be pissed at this kid or be interested in him, not in that way, I'm defiantly into girls they just annoy me. I'm pretty sure I should be pissed at him, I mean we have been going to the same school for four years and he just decides to start talking to me now? While getting me in trouble!? Zayn did have a bad boy rep though. He has supposedly done horrible things, but I dont know.. I honestly think there might be more to him.

"So Harry.. You didn't have to-"

"No talking Zayn." I interrupted him, not even glancing in his direction. I really didn't want to get into more trouble, this was already enough for me.

"Look I just want-"

"Youre welcome"

"What I - "

"Now stop talking." I then turned to face him. His eyebrows were raised and mouth open in confusion, it made him squint a tad causing his thick black eyelashes to just cover his stunning eyes. I felt a heat rush through my body towards my checks, I decided to rest my head against the desk and just forget him for the rest of detention. He huffed, obviously annoyed, maybe his rep was true, but he got the hint and we fell silent.

Twenty more minuets passed before Mr Runnel returned. He looked slightly surprised and yet happy that someone had followed his orders for once.

"Boys look, just don't do anything else disruptive in my class. Now you're dismissed." he waved his hands towards the door while grabbing his laptop and loose papers from his desk. I have never sat up so fast, making a run for the door. I thought I was fast and could leave without talking to Zayn again but I was wrong.

Today just isn't my day.

He grabbed my upper arm when I had just stepped outside of the classroom, turning me around harshly.

"Why won't you let me talk to you!?" his voice was raised, but I was annoyed now too. I just my normal routeen back,

"Why do I have to talk to you Zayn? You have had four years to talk to me buddy, now please let go. I just want to go home." His eyes changed, they had softened. He looked like a lost puppy, until they hardened again and his face was unreadable. He let go of the grip he had on my arm.

"Why do you do that Zayn?"

"Do what?" he spat.

"Act like a normal person, then change. You show emotions then just cover them up with that serious face. What's wrong with feeling emotions?"

He didn't respond, instead he had the same dumbfounded look on his face as before. It gave me a seconds head start, I turned on my heels and walked out of the hallway headed towards home. Where I was not going to think about the interesting boy Zayn.

Zayns pov

Cover my emotions? This boys is on crack, I do not cover my emotions! I just don't like people knowing how I'm feeling so I simply don't let them see it and I just realized I do cover my emotions, damn it! This boy has really got to me I don't know how, I guess he just treats me different. I watched as he left the building leaving me with so many questions. He seemed satisfied with himself yet he cared for me. I don't get it, I haven't heard him talk once or stand up for anyone in all of our school years together. He is a quiet boy and well it really shows he hates getting in trouble since he wouldn't say a word to me even if I was just trying to thank him. That's another thing about him, he seems like he knows me better then anyone else, even Louis and he is my best mate. "Zayn?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Amelia, she is a nice girl but is a complete slut that trys to get with any boy she can lay her hands on.

"Hey." I said to her walking past her so I could get out the door that she was standing infront of, I don't know why Harry didn't leave through this one, it's closer, wait maybe it's because he dislikes me because I'm a 'bad boy'. "Who were you talking to then, I've never seen him before?" she asked me trying to get a glimps of my eyes but I wouldn't let her, I just kept looking forward. "Oh I forgot his name, no one special." I told her and instantly felt my gut drop.

"Fair enough, hey wanna come to my party tonight? It's going to be amazing." she asked me standing infront of me so I would stop and talk to her. "I don't know, I'll think about it." I told her looking anywhere but at her, she was like one of those evil mermaids that luhours you in. "Please Zaynyboo?" she said to me making me feel sick, it's a disgusting nick name. I looked over her head since she was trying to fricken rape me from what it looked like. There far away from me almost out the gate was the boy that I haven't been able to get off my mind since I said that one simple hey to him. I couldn't bring my eyes off him as he slowly walked out of the school grounds, his hair flying around messily in the wind, his top sitting on him perfectly, him slightly singing the words to the song he was listening too, it made me dizzy just staring at the perfection that is called Harry Styles.

"Zaynyboo please answer me." I heard Amelia say making me bring my eyes to hers unfortunately.

"What?" I asked her since I blanked out and completely forgot what we were talking about. "Please come to my party." she begged me grabbing on to my top even more bringing it up so she could stair at my abs. I pulled my top down and looked into her eyes. They were a bright blue, I would usually get lost in them but today was different it felt like I had a reason to pull away from them, I didn't find them attractive. "I told you, I will think about it." I said pushing her off me and looking up to see Harry almost out of sight. I couldn't bring my eyes off him, he made my stomach tingly. I never thought my stomach could get tingly from looking at a guy, I mean I'm straight, these things don't happen. Oh but for the one second he looked up just before we got out of sight and our eyes met I felt like I was about to fall. I could see the green screaming out to me from here and we were at least 150 meters away from each other. I felt myself blush but I didn't look away and neither did he until when he got out of sight I felt my body go back to normal and my face go back to its normal tanned colour.

"Well then I'll see you tonight Malik." she said to me coming closer again and grabbing the bottom of my shirt. "I'll be waiting." she whispered in my ear seductively. I felt like I was going to spew honestly. "Okay whatever." I said before stepping back to get away from her and then walking away.

Zayn Malik you are straight, you like girls, you like everything about them, the hips, the butts, the boobs, the brown curly hair, the bright green eyes, the cute dimples on his- NO ZAYN! What is happening to me? I feel like I'm loosing myself, that I am turning into a different person who is... Gay. "Zayn!" I heard an unmistakable voice say from behind me. "Louis!" I said back to him, was he following me? "Dude were you following me?" I asked him seeing no possible way for him not to stalk me since there was only one street which we were on. "No I was just walking to work and you were on the same street as me, I didn't notice till you put your hands through your hair like you do when you are stressed. Have a smoke buddy since I can't be bothered hearing about your problems right now." he told me making me roll my eyes. I took out a smoke and he handed me his lighter that he carries around even though he doesn't smoke. "Thanks." I said to him handing him back his lighter.

"Hey you going to the party tonight?" he asked me playing with the lighter. "I don't know, I don't want to but I need to get my mind off shit." I told him picturing the dimples in my head. "Okay well I will pick you up at 7, just imagine all the ladies that are gonna be there! Wooow!" Louis said getting himself horney the dirty bastard. I just rolled my eyes again and inhaled my smoke.