My Dinner With Nadakhan pt 2

Ronin's p.o.v.

Holding the rope, the commissioner pulls me and Kai up. He takes Kai, I swing in and check Kai over. He's not breathing so I do CPR. After a minute, Kai coughs and I roll hem to the side.

Kai hacks up water, I rub his back as my hand hits something hard. Pulling the coats collar down, a shock collar is seen. The commissioner hands me a pick as Kai let's out a cry. The collar is on and it's shocking hem.

Working fast, I pick the lock and pull it off. Kai shudders as it's removed. "W..wh...who." Kai rasps, his voice scratchy and rough, along with being dry. I roll hem over, Kai surges up and hugs me.

"Unc....le, i..i..is th.....is re..al." He asks me. I smile and nod, wrapping my arms around his back. Kai hisses as I hear bones grinding. Ripping my jacket off, I make a sling out of it.

"Wa...wat...water..a..an..any wa..water." Kai asks, his lips cracked and bleeding. I shake my head, Kai slumps. "We're looking for the ninja, we know your innocent." The commissioner says.

Kai closes his eyes, I know what he's doing. After a minute, Kai opens his eyes again. "Keep straight, we'll be at the island." Kai says.
Got to love that mental link Kai and Lloyd shares.

We head for the island, Kai wraps his arms in gaze, severe burns on them. It after sundown when we see a raft. Flying over, I roll the ladder over.

"Anyone need a lift?" I ask.

I hold the ladder steady.  "Whoa! It's Uncle Ronin! Oh, I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful sight." Lloyd says, he, Nya, Cole and Echo clime up.

"Oh, by golly, we found you." The commissioner says. I smile as Lloyd hugs me.

"But how?" Nya asks. I smile as a shadow goes behind Lloyd.

Lloyd's p.o.v

A weight lands on my back, I fall to the floor as white hair falls into my vision. With a cry and tears of joy, I round on Kai and kiss my husband on the lips. Kai whines, I pull away. His lips are cracked and bleeding.

"I...he...lp..ed....fi...nd...fam...ily..." Kai rasps.

"Wait. Did you come all this way to arrest us?" Cole asks.

"Arrest you? Oh, gosh no. We came to rescue you. After you saved our city from the Sky Pirates, we finally realized whose side you're fighting on. I was wrong to distrust you, Lloyd. That's on me." The commissioner says.

"But saving one more is on us. We got a message from Jay." Uncle Ronin says. Kai holds up a bottle. I read the message.

"What say we get him back?" Uncle Ronin says. Kai looks at my canteen. "Wa...wat..water." He points. I pull it out, holding it to Kai. "There's not much." Kai takes it, he downs the water but I can tell he needs more.

I hold Kai to me, he purrs in content. I can see and smell the burnt flesh on Kai. Nadakhan torchored hem and the Djinn will pay for hurting my beloved.