Day of the Departed

Lloyd's POV

Pacing the hall, it's been three hours and nothing. Footsteps come from the entrance, its dad. "Anything." He asks, standing before me. I shake my head, my vocals not able to produce words.

Dad wraps his arms around me, I lean on his shoulder, everything catching up as I begin to cry. "Kai told me....it was Dark Lloyd who raped hem. My....own counterpart raped my husband....." My knees give and dad lowers us to the floor.

Dad leans on the wall as I cry, rubbing my back like I'm a child. Its unknown how long we stay like that. All I know is dad is lightly shaking me when a doctor kneels before us. I look at hem, the doctor holds a chart. "Kai Smith Garmadon."

I straighten up "I'm his husband. Tell me, is Kai and the baby gonna be okay." I ask. The doctor gets a look. "The bleeding took a while to stop. There was major tearing. But, your husband and baby will make it." The doctor says.

He leaves and I sigh in relief. Getting up, going to Kai's room, I walk in and sit in the chair.

A week later, Kai is walking beside me as we enter the museum. Going to the gift shop, we get lanterns for the Day of the Departed. Outside, Nya forms her dragon, waiting on Kai. "You'll be okay, right." I ask. In the days that have followed, I've become very protective of Kai.

"I'll be okay, we'll be at Four Weapons. If I need you, I'll contact through our link." Kai whispers. Pulling my husband into a hug, Kai pulls away, opens his wings and head for his home.

Everything else happens like the movie.

Kai's POV

Looking at mom and dad's picture, I touch it. When the blood clones released, it tore a hole in both of our hearts. 'Eighteen.' A whisper sounds. Looking around, it sounds again.

'Eighteen years till Krux returns' the voice sounds again. I walk out the blacksmith's shop, Nya follows, keeping close. 'Eighteen years till Krux returns.' The voice keeps repeating.

It almost sounds like......dad.

Darkness begins to swim as I fall back, Nya catches me. I look at her, eyes blank as the memory plays.

(Flashback)

I'm five years old, playing with my baby sis. Laying on the ground, Nya climbs on me. A commotion sounds, I set Nya down and run out the room. Coming to the door of Four Weapons, mom and dad are held at sword point by.........Sanders.

He begins to lead them away, I run out and dad pulls me close. He kneels, looking me in the eyes. "Watch over your sister, kay, buddy." Dad says. I nod when Sanders yanks dad by the arm. Dad jerks away, kneels again at my ear. 'Eighteen years till Krux returns.' Dad is yanked as I watch them leave.

(End of Flashback)

Jolting up, I breath heavy. Grunting sounds as Nya fights......Chen. Throwing a ball of water, Chen turns to me. Going to the air, I dive bomb, slamming into hem and Chen shatters. His spirit returns to the curse realm and I lower to the ground.

Nya comes over, she looks at me. "What happened." She asks. "I know who took mom and dad. I'll explain on the way back." I take to the air, a flutter is felt from the baby. Cupping my belly, the baby flutters in joy. Nay rides beside me, I tell her the memory.

"We'll have to be cautious around Sanders. What if he comes after us all these years." I shrug as we come to the museum. Lloyd and the others are there. Landing, I look around as Lloyd hugs me. "Wheres Cole." I ask, the hardness back in my voice, Lloyd smiles as I regained my personality back.

Wu walks up, I see Morro behind hem. "Any other villains want to show up tonight?" Jay says, pulling his sword out.

Lloyd gets infront of me. "We've stopped five, what's one more?" He places a hand over my belly. Something tells me to trust Morro.

Wu raises his hand. "No. Put away your weapons. He's here to help. Morro, tell them." Wu turns to Morro as I step past Lloyd.

"Yang tricked Cole into helping him open a rift to return to Ninjago." Morro explains. "We need to get to the temple, now." I order. Morro nods, the others get to the Bounty. Morro heads for the museum, I touch his shoulder. "Do you want to live again." I ask.

He looks down, than back at me. "I would love to." He says. Touching his shoulder, his spirit exits the statue and Morro stands before me. Morro is no longer a ghost, he's flesh and blood. Turning, we head for the Bounty. 

Coming to the temple, the wind is strong. The Bounty can't get any closer. "Morro, focus on the air, direct it from the ship. If not, the Bounty will be destroyed." I ask. Morro nods and forms a sphere of protection around the ship.

Taking to the air, I see Cole and Yang on the roof of the temple. Diving, exiting the sphere, I'm pelted by winds but my wings never falter. Coming to the roof, Cole looks at me.

He smiles as the rift begins to close. "Cole, the rift! You gotta pass through the rift!" I yell. Cole forms Airjitzu and heads for the rift with Yang. Yang let's go as Cole enters the rift.

Diving, grabbing his hand, I lower my brother to the ground. "You know, if you wanted to be mortal, just ask me next time." I tell hem as the others come.

Morro walks up, I touch his shoulder, he touches mine. Lloyd wraps his arms around our shoulders, Nya copies. Later, we have a bonfire going, all our families around. Me, Lloyd and Nya all hold a lantern each and let it go as the others do. Lloyd holds me from from behind as we watch them fly off.

'Eighteen years till Krux returns' and I'll be waiting.