Prelude

#WYHWPrelude

To tell it frankly, I don't even know why I'm here. Again.

My eyes are wandering the whole conference room. Aside from the big table in front of me, the whole room is filled with recognitions. From the frames and the trophies far away from my seat, I could see all of them.

My Papa could've just put those in his office, but why am I caring now? Tumingin ako sa relo ko at napasandal sa swivel chair.

Papa told me that I need to meet someone. I'm already twenty five, I should engage to this company. I really don't like us fighting so I just said yes.

And now, I went early, expecting to see him early too but no. I'm the only here and I don't know where is he now.

I grabbed my phone and tried to reach for his secretary until someone held the fob and they came in. I sighed upon seeing my Papa coming inside, looking at me with the same eyes.

"Hija.." Tumayo ako sa swivel chair na nasa kabisera at yumakap sa kaniya. "I didn't know that you're here already.. Too early for something I told you, eh?"

I almost rolled my eyes and glanced on my Ninong is behind him. Nang humiwalay ako ay humalik ako sa pisngi niya. Lumapit ako kay Ninong Chris at marahan na humalik sa pisngi niya.

"You really on't look like at your age, hija.." He smiled. "You're still the same from your teen age,"

Humalakhak si Papa at tinapik ang balikat ni Ninong. Naupo siya sa upuan na katapat ng inuupuan ko. Bumalik ako roon dahil mukhang hindi naman sila uupo roon.

"So, what's with today, Pa?" Tanong ko.

I still have a lot of works to do. Pagkatapos nito ay babalik na ako sa ginagawa ko. I can't miss something that my Papa asked for. Minsan lang siya humingi ng favor sa akin kaya nakakahiya na humindi sa kaniya.

"Actually he's on his way.." Papa answered. "She told me that he's on his way, something came up so we just gonna wait."

I sighed again and lean on the swivel chair. Ugh. Kailan ba darating iyon? And why he? Lalaki ang kikitain namin ngayon?

Nang mawala sa spotlight ang tanong ko, nag-usap muna sila about sa business nilang dalawa. Tahimik lang akong nakikinig sa kanilang dalawa, scanning their faces.

My Papa is in his forties already. But his charisma and look's still there. Same with Ninong Chris, with that beard and blue eyes, I know that he's still hitting on some girls. Kagaya ni Papa, hindi na binalak na mag-asawa ni Ninong. Hindi ko alam ang dahilan kaya hindi na ako nagtanong pa.

I don't know but I think after fifteen minutes, nakita ko na palapit sa conference room ang secretary ni Papa.

"Good morning, he's already here." Unang salita niya sa amin.

"Thank God," I murmured and closed my eyes. Tumayo ang dalawa kaya tumayo rin ako.

"Please ask him to go here already," si Ninong Chris.

Tumabi ako kay Papa. Hinalikan niya ang noo ko at umahas ang kamay sa bewang. I feel safe again. He uttered I love you to me and I can't help but to smile, too.

"Can I get some 'I love you' too, Colson?" Ninong pouted and from delight emotion, Papa's face filled with disgust. Natawa na naman ako. These two, kahit kailan talaga.

"Shut up and let your someone come here already," Umirap pa si Papa na mas nagpahalakhak sa aming dalawa.

Tumigil lang kami sa pagtawa nang makarinig kami ng sigaw na bata. Agad akong nagtaka, bata? Wala namang may dala ng anak sa buong kumpanya pero bakit may sumisigaw? Wala rin namang anak si Ninong Chris, ah?

I looked outside the glass pane and saw a blond cute kid outside the room. "Who's that kid?" Papa murmured.

He was about to go outside until someone came into the scene, and that's the time that I regretted everything I did this day. Even Papa's grip clenched in my waist.

I couldn't move. We couldn't talk. We stayed there until the man made the kid stop from having tantrums and carry the mini bag from his muscled biceps. I gulped, my eyes are brim with tears.

Akala ko siya lang ang makikita namin but there's another guy came into the scene and I don't know who it was.

"Here he is," Ninong went into the door and opened the door. Mas naging klaro ang sigaw ng bata pero mas naging klaro ang pagtingin ko sa mukha niya.

"Mr. Adamson, I didn't know you have someone esle with you!" Pinanood namin si Ninong na yakapin iyong pangalawang dumating. But when Ninong looked at the first man, his jaw clencjed.

"Oh! We saw each other last night and I told him thay you want to meet me!" Mr. Adamson said and looked at us. "Mr. Harrington wants to know what we'll do."

"I'm Vander Harrington," pakilala niya sa Ninong ko.

Bumagsak ang tingin ko sa bata na nakakapit sa binti niya. I gulped and tried to look for the kid's face but he's hiding his whole face. "Sorry, I have my son today. Had to fetch him from school. His babysitter is out, that's why.."

Mas lalong humigpit ang kamay sa akin ni Papa.

From the way he talks, I completely lose it all. I closed my eyes and feel the same voice. His voice went matured and the voices inside me felt the pain doubled.

Gusto ko na talagang tumakbo. Hindi ko siya kayang harapin matapos ang ilang taon. Ang tagal-tagal na pero parang kahapon lang..

"Mr. Vander and Mr. Adamson," Ninong sounds so uncomfortable. "M-meet my friend for a long time. This is Colson San Diego, the owner of this company and his daughter.." Ninong introduced us.

But he don't need to do that because just like me and Papa's reaction, it reflects on his, too.

His whole existence really changed. I didn't know that years could change him really this big. His hair is just like my Papa's hair, it has some whites too. But it was sexily pushed back. Wearing a blue suit and red tie, his built screams masculinity.

Oh God, please help me… I couldn't face the guy who left me with no reason… "Good Morning, Mr. San Diego.."

They went near on us, his son went into Ninong's arms. He offered his hand to my father and my father immediately accepted it.

Damn.. Damn it.. Please, don't come near at me..

"Good Morning to you too, Ms. San Diego.." He offered his hand also and my eyes went into a big waterfall.

My heart breaks again by him calling me with that, I could still recall how he loves to call me by my name.. Because he said before, my name will only be the one allowed inside his heart.

Fuck him for saying that. After many years, I'll see him here, with his son and acting like nothing happened? He's smiling from ear to ear! Oh, right! I know he's the one who broke up but… he shouldn't be smiling like this!

"Pleasure to meet you again, doll." He flashed his smile. The same smile that I fall for.

I hate you for coming into my life again. I hate you for leaving me under the rain. I hate you for coming into my life. I hate you for making me realize that I deserve to feel only happiness. I hate you for making damn much promises that you never did..

And I hate that my heart's still choosing you. You're not the same man I loved before but damn this heart… I really hate you for ruining my life, my Jaehyun..