New Home

Amelia would be arriving any minute now and it's safe to say that Freddie is nervous, he is pacing the floor and looking out the window every five minutes to see if the car was there.

Unfortunately, Mary had to work and wouldn't be back for at least an hour, so he's there alone and he genuinely felt like he was going to be sick.

Freddie, had so many thoughts rushing around his head, what if she didn't like it here? What if she wanted to go home or stay with Sally? What if she didn't like cats?

Said cats were sat on the windowsill paying no mind to there owners worrying.

He had no more time to think about it as he heard a car door shut. Pouncing at the window, scaring the cats half to death, he sees Sally helping Amelia out of the car.

The buzzer went off and he pressed the button to let them up, moments later they knocked. He looks at the cat's telling them to be nice before taking a deep breath and opening the door.

"Good afternoon, Mr Mercury." Sally greets Amelia holding her hand. Returning the greeting Freddie stands aside to let them in.

He watches as Amelia lets go of Sally's hand wandering further into the room around the sofa. He doesn't say anything just let her get a feel for the place.

Curious about there little visitor one of the cats jumps down from the window and head butts the little girl's hand making her jump away.

Darting forward to reassure the girl. "It's okay, there's no need to be afraid of the cats, Milly," Freddie gets down to her level fussing the cat behind the ear, "this one is Jerry and Tom is on the windowsill."

Hesitantly she repeats the same action like him. Liking the softness of Jerry's fur Amelia sits on the floor and lets him climb into her lap.

She continues to fuss him making him purr and she giggles at the ticklish feeling. Seeing the fuss Jerry is getting Tom climbs down to join them, rubbing himself against her, making her giggles louder into a full laugh.

Freddie beams at the adorable scene it's was the first time he had her laugh, it had to be his new favourite sound. He's glad his three babies are getting along.

"Well Mr Mercury, Amelia seems to be in good hands so if your happy I'll leave you to it." Sally hands him Amelia's things. "I'll be back in a week to see how she's getting on, but if there are any problems in the meantime please don't hesitate to call me." She hands him a piece of paper with the office number on.

"I will and thank you so much for helping her." Taking the items he kisses her on the cheek then shows her out once she had said goodbye to Amelia.

Closing the door he turns back to the cat cuddle. "Milly," she looks up at him, "would you like to come and see your new room?" He holds his free hand out for her to take and shows her where his room and the bathroom leaving her bedroom till last.

 "Milly," she looks up at him, "would you like to come and see your new room?" He holds his free hand out for her to take and shows her where his room and the bathroom leaving her bedroom till last