Audition

Wednesday's lessons seemed to drag, Amelia spent the whole day watching the clock as did the others. When 3 o'clock arrived Amelia left her French lesson and heads for the music room.

By the time she got there, the classroom is empty and all the students have gone home. Mr Matthews is making sure the drum kit is set up.

Amelia is the first on there, "Good afternoon sir."

"Afternoon Milly, I have to say I've been looking forward to this. I've seen your musical talents in lessons and I have to say your talents are outstanding for someone your age. I hope this band works out for you. Do the other girls know about your family?" He went into his office and brought out Brianna and Jessica's guitar cases.

"Thank you, sir, I hope so too. And Jessy does but Rosie and Brianna don't. I don't want them to find out about them until after their in so I know they are in this for the music and not just so they can get close to my family. If it goes well today then I will tell them." Jessica arrives as Amelia finishes her sentence.

"Well your secret is safe with me, you girls don't mind if I stay to watch do you?" Amelia could tell Mr Matthews wants this to work as much as she does.

Jessica answers for her, "Of course not, it would be nice to have an audience. You can tell us if we sound right together, right Milly?"

"Definitely. Oh my god, Jess is that your bass." Amelia has never seen her guitar before. Jessica removes the guitar from its case and starts tuning it. It's a gorgeous sparkly silver fender bass.

"Yeah, dad brought it for me two years ago when he realised how serious I was about the band stuff

"Yeah, dad brought it for me two years ago when he realised how serious I was about the band stuff. Mum went mental but she accepted it eventually." Jessica had bonded with dad over her love for guitars and he fully supports her.

"It's gorgeous I can't wait to see Brianna's." As if on queue Brianna and Rosie arrive at the same time.

Rosie apologized, "Sorry we're late we had to get changed from P.E."

"That's okay we'll let you get set up, we were just staying we can't wait to see your guitar, Brie." Brianna opens the case to reveal a beautiful magenta pink fender Stratocaster guitar.

" Brianna opens the case to reveal a beautiful magenta pink fender Stratocaster guitar