They Know

Happy birthday to John Richard Deacon, born 19th August 1951. Wherever you are, I hope you have a good day xx

Amelia's POV

When I walked through the school gates with Jessica on Monday morning I immediately knew something was up. We were a few minutes later than normal but I know that isn't the reason everyone is looking at me.

"Why are they all staring at you?" Jessica whispers.

I shrug, "I don't know." One thing I noticed is most of them are looking at pieces of paper and if they weren't their friends are whispering about it.

Rosie and Brianna ran over to as we got closer to the school entrance, Rosie looks pissed off but I don't think it's aimed at me, "I can't believe he's done this."

"Have you seen them?" Brianna asks.

"What are you on about? Who has done what?" Walking through the main doors a group of year 8 lads start chanting, 'We will, we will rock you.'

My stomach drops, "oh no" inside the school hallways are lined with pictures of Queen, more importantly, pictures of me with them including the newspaper clipping about me being Freddie Mercury's daughter, "Oh god they know."

Sophia ran up to me squealing, "Oh my gosh, you really are Freddie Mercury's daughter. I knew it couldn't be a coincident that you have the same name, I mean you look like him too."

I didn't know what to say, I look passed her to see Michael stood by the main school notice board smirking at me. I shot round Sophia going straight for him, "this is your doing isn't it? You did this?"

"I told you on Friday, this is payback for ratting me out to my mother," To my surprise Rosie pulled me out the way and punched him square in the face, making him fall to the floor.

She would have done it again but Mr Richards and Mr Matthews stood between them, "Okay that's enough everyone, clear off to your classrooms." Mr Richard yells over the commotion, "Miss Mercury, Miss Tate to my office, please. Mr Matthews take Mr Owens to the nurse's office then escort him to my office, please."

------

We sat in front of Mr Richards desk waiting for his lecture, "Let's start with why you punched Mr Owens, Miss Tate?"

Rosie huffs, "Because he deserved it."

"I am going to need more than that if you don't want to be suspended."

My head shot up, "No please don't suspend her, she was sticking up for me."

"And why is that Miss Mercury?"

"Michael put those pictures up around school of me with my family so the whole school knows"

Rosie jumps in, "when he admitted it, sir, I lost it."

Mr Richards nods, "I've seen the pictures and I apologise that the truth came out this way Miss Mercury. The caretaker is taking them down as we speak. I know that doesn't help much but I heard Mr Owens confession myself and he will be dealt with."

I sigh, "It's not your fault sir, I knew it would come out eventually maybe it's better they know. I just hope it doesn't affect my lessons."

"I will do my best to ensure that doesn't happen. Miss Tate, I understand your reasons but I can not condo it, however, I do believe that you did it in the aid of a friend and for that reason, you will not be suspended. You receive detention at lunchtime today and tomorrow."

"Yes sir. Thank you." Rosie left for class while he asked me to remain.

"Is there a reason why Mr Owens did this?"