Meet Up

Happy Birthday to the Legendary Freddie Mercury xx

Also, this is a double update because one it's Freddie's birthday and two I feel that these two chapters go together.

Amelia's POV

The next morning I woke up with my alarm at 9 o'clock. I'd set it so I could get up in time to ring the girls.

Dominique is sat at the table feeding Felix and talking to Roger who is eating his breakfast, "Morning."

She smiles at me, "Morning Milly, I thought you'll be in bed a little longer since there's no school."

"No I set my alarm, can I use the phone I need to call Jessy? I was meant to be meeting the girls at half-past 10 and Ben later this afternoon so I need to ring and rearrange."

"Yeah you can use the phone it's through there," Roger points to the living room, "But you don't need to rearrange, I told you yesterday if you want to meet your friends just ask and one of us will give you a lift there or to the nearest tube station. I can give you a lift I'm going that way anyway, where are you meeting them?"

"I was meeting Jessy first so if you could drop me at Jessica's?"

"Sure now please have something to eat before you get changed." I poured myself some cereal and eat quickly before running upstairs to get changed into this:

" I poured myself some cereal and eat quickly before running upstairs to get changed into this:

It's one of the best summers England has had for some time.

I ran back downstairs and out to the car where Roger is waiting for me. I get in the front seat and he looks me up and down giving me a look that tells me he doesn't like my outfit, "What? Does it look bad?"

"No, but the shorts are a bit short."

I roll my eyes, "I could find something shorter if that would make you feel better about this outfit." He rolls his eyes and starts driving, I dare not tell him about the swimsuit underneath.

A few moments into the journey a song comes on the radio and Roger turns it up tapping the beat on the steering wheel, singing along under his breath, "What song is this? I don't recognise it."

He scoffs, "Bob Seger, Old Time Rock n Roll. This is proper music." He turns it up a bit more and he sings with more volume. I listen to the beginning and by the time the song comes to an end we are both singing and laughing, it's a good distraction.

We slip back into a comfortable silent before Roger spoke again, "Oh I was meant to ask you at breakfast. Dom, Felix and I are meant to be on holiday from Monday. If I can amend the booking would you like to come?"

"Where are you going?"

"Santa Monica, California."

A holiday sounds amazing, "I'd love that! Oh no, I can't"