Familiar Face

Amelia's POV

Today is my 13th birthday, I am officially a teenager and I'm also going back to school as a year 8. This time the entire school knows who I am so I can fully be myself this year.

Michael revenge plan backfired on him as it ended making the school keep a closer eye on him which is why his bullying no longer takes place on the school premises, which is unfortunate for me as I have no idea when he will strike.

Fallen Angelz has a fan base at school but for me, Jessica, Rosie and Brianna we have tried to just keep our school days normal. We've each had the popular kids try to befriend us and we are friendly to them but no one has entered our friendship group.

This is my new timetable:

The year 8's started back on a Wednesday and I am currently sat in Geography bored out of my mind and the lesson only started 5 minutes ago

The year 8's started back on a Wednesday and I am currently sat in Geography bored out of my mind and the lesson only started 5 minutes ago. I hate Geography, it's the only lesson this year where I do have any of the girls with me so I chose to sit alone.

A knock on the door is a welcome interruption for the entire class as it stops the teacher from droning on and on. It's Mr Richards with a boy behind him that looks oddly familiar, "Sorry to interrupt your lesson, Mr Cope, this is Ben Jones our new student starting today."

"Morning Mr Jones welcome to Kensington High School. Please take the chair next to Miss Mercury." Mr Cope instructed.

Ben smiles at me knowingly and takes his seat whispering, "Your dad's not here is he?"

And there goes that fluttery feeling again, I suppress my snort into a giggle, "No believe it or not my dad finished school several years ago." He laughs a sarcastic sigh of relief.

"Why the change in schools?" I whisper as Mr Cope continues his boring lesson.

His smile fall, "Ur... my parents got a divorce at the beginning for August and I choose to move with my mum and this school is closer, so it made sense to change."

I feel awful for asking now, "I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked that it was none of my business, I'm too noisy for my own good."

He returns a small smile, "It's alright you weren't to know but at least now I've moved I get to see you more often."

My cheeks burn red with blush and I gave him a shy smile in return, I don't know what else to say so I move my attention back to the lesson.

------

In the changing rooms after P.E the girls are all buzzing about the new boy, "Milly, isn't that new kid the boy from Wembley?" Rosie asks.

"Ben? Yeah, he transferred from his old school."

"Oh, you've spoken to him already?" Brianna asks and they eye me suspiciously.

"He sits next to me in Geography and he has saved me from a year of boredom." Jessica stood right in front of me looking me right in the eyes, "What?"

"Oh my god, you like him!" She exclaims.

I look away, "Don't be silly I hardly know him."

But Jessica pushes back even more, "bullshit, your blushing and I bet when you spoke to him you got that fluttery feeling." Brianna and Rosie join in the teasing as we head for our lunch tree, eventually, I give in.

"Oh push off you three, maybe a little."

Jessica is loving this teasing and takes it to another level, "Milly and Ben sitting in a tree," once again Brianna and Rosie join in, "K I S S I N G, first comes love then..." I but my hand over Jessica and Rosie's and send a playful glare Brianna way making her stop.

"Shut up!" I feel them grinning under my hand.

------

The rest of Queen and their families are here for my birthday when I arrive home. I try to pull myself into the present my mind is busy thinking about Ben, I can't get him out of my head.

My dad picked up on to immediately, "Your very distracted Milly, school okay?"

"Yeah great we had a new boy at school today," I blurted out the sentence before I could stop myself.

Veronica jumps at my meaning, "do you like this new boy?"

For the second time that day, I blush, "Who is he?" Dominique smiles knowingly.

"Um... his name is Ben Jones."

"That boy from Wembley?" Dad looks mortified.

"That's him. He sits next to me in my Geography class."

Roger snorts, "How romantic."

Chrissie catches on to the teasing, "Is he cute? Do you get that fluttery feeling when he smiles."

I sink lower in my seat my cheeks hurting from how hard I'm blushing. My dad has more important things to ask, "Why didn't he change school? Is he a trouble maker?"

John pipes up this time, "Does Fred need to have that talk with you?"

The only person that has the slightest of sympathy for me is Brian, "guys let the girl speak. But seriously though do you need us to interrogate him?" or maybe not.

"Yeah coz we can totally do that," Roger jumps in again.

"Jesus Christ, I just said there was a new boy at school. No, he's not a trouble maker, he moved schools because his parents split up. No, I don't need the talk because we covered that in June in P.S.H.E class. And no interrogations, dad already covered that last year."

Dad looks horrified, "Why did you cover that topic in year 7?"

"I don't know, why do they teach us algebra?" He got my point.

"Is he cute?" Veronica asks Chrissie's question again.

John frowns, "You trying to get rid of me?"

"No, but if she has a crush on him already he much but cute."

I frown, "I never said I have a crush on him."

"You didn't need to," Dominique states, "what does he look like?"

I knew they wouldn't stop until they have an answer so I gave in, "he's blonde, he has green eyes I think..."

"Oh so you don't have a crush on him but you look into is eyes," Roger teases.

"Okay, I'm going to my room now. That's enough interrogating for this birthday." I ran up to my room, Ben firmly imprinted on my mind.