Truth Will Out

*Warning contains bullying*

"Amelia! Can you come downstairs please?" Freddie shouts up the stair, he doesn't receive a reply but hears her footsteps padding along the floor.

"Yes, dad?" Amelia got to the living room expecting to find her dad alone or with Paul but to her surprise, Roger is there, "Oh hello uncle Rog, when did you get here?"

Roger smiles, "About five minutes ago, it's just a flying visit. Your dad needed to speak with me."

"Oh," she turns to face Freddie, "You called?"

"Yes, I'm sorry to tell you last minute, I was meant to tell at the beginning of the week but it slipped my mind. I'm away this weekend for an interview and with Paul, as you know the Deacons are away on holiday so you'll be staying at Roger's if you okay with that?"

Amelia turns her nose up at the mention of Paul but doesn't mind staying at Rogers, "No I don't mind but how will I get there?" Roger's place is just over an hour away and the nearest tube stop is 40 minutes away.

"I'll pick you up from school tomorrow, if you can go pack a bag I'll take it with me now so you don't have to take it to school." She ran back upstairs throwing clothes, wash bag etc... into her overnight bag and raced back downstairs handing the bag to him. "Right what time does your school finish?"

"3 o'clock"

"Good I'll park just around the corner," With that, he took Amelia's bag and left.

"You sure your okay with that Milly? You said yes but your face expression says differently," Freddie asks concerned she seems downcast.

"Oh no I'm more than happy to stay at Rogers, I don't see Brian and Roger as much is as I used to so I will be nice to spend the weekend with the Taylor's." It's the thought of her dad spending the entire weekend alone with Paul that worries her.

------

Amelia's POV

At 3 o'clock the next afternoon I am glad to get out of double physics, my new timetable has meant that Fridays have gone from being the best day of the week to the worst. But Jessica makes it better and now Ben and his mate Gwilym are in the class it's even more so.

It's been a few weeks since the start of the school year and it's now a regular sight to see Ben and Gwilym with me and the girls at school. I left the class with Jessica and the boys heading for the school gate meeting Rosie and Brianna along the way, "I have to go this way my uncle is picking me up around the corner so I'll see you on Monday?"

"I'll escort you, my homes that way anyway," Ben grins offers me his arm in a gentlemanly fashion and of course I take it.

"And I'll escort this these three to the tube," Gwilym offers his arm in the same manner and Jessica practically pushed Rosie out of the way to get to his arm. If you haven't guessed she has a slight crush on him.

"Yeah, we'll see you two on Monday," Brianna confirms and we go our separate ways.

The school road is a long one so we take our time but Ben seems nervous, "So Milly I have a question for you if I asked you to meet me this weekend what would you say?"

I pull him to a stop, "what like a date?"

"Y-yeah, if you want?" he scratches the back of his neck nervously.

I am squealing inside right now, "I'd love too..."

"But?" He looks like a wounded puppy.

"But I can't do this weekend, I'm in Surrey. That's why I'm being picked up, I can do next weekend though."