Live Aid

It came to my attention that I haven't done any chapters with Freddie's parents since the beginning of this book, so this is my version of that heartwarming scene before Live Aid and Live Aid itself. An extra-long chapter.

The morning of live aid is a slow start, Queen isn't playing until just after half-past six so Freddie takes all morning to prepare and warm up his vocals. Amelia sat on his bed, Jerry in her lap and Delilah next to her watching him get ready.

It's something that she used to do as a child just sit a watch him get ready so it felt like old times. Once he is ready a little before noon, they head out to Wembley with a couple of stops to make beforehand. Queen has been practising for days and Amelia can't wait to hear the setlist.

Freddie hadn't told Amelia what the stops are just that they needed to be done. The first stop is a street that Amelia doesn't recognise, "Why are we here?"

"If my information is correct this should the address of Jim Hutton."

Amelia grins, "Your finally going to talk to him?"

"Yes, now you wait in the car," he got out shutting the door behind him and Amelia races over to the window winding it down so she can hear the conversation.

Freddie knocks, "Do you have any idea how many Jim Hutton's there are in London," Are the first words out of his mouth when Jim opens the door.

Jim looks baffled, "Well I didn't want to make it to easy for you. How did you find me?"

Freddie huffs a laugh, "That would thanks to my daughter, little miss nosy over there," he gestures to the car, "and Molly, your salon's receptionist."

"Well, I'll be having words with Molly about handing out personal information to strangers. How've you been Freddie?"

A feeling of shame washes over Freddie, "I've been a bit lost if I'm honest, I pushed my own daughter away and made some bad decisions. You were right, I could do with a friend. Would like to have tea with me?"

"Tea?" Jim frowns at the odd question.

Freddie smirks walking away confidently, "I'll wait for you in the car."

Amelia is confused when he gets back into the car alone, "Did he reject you?" she asks once he shut the door.

He tuts, "Do you really think I'm that bad, darling? No, I left him to get ready."

She giggles, "Well it has been a while since you dated someone decent, you might have lost your touch," She receives a playful shove for that but he laughs with her.

They're both still laughing when Jim gets into the car, "Hello Jim."

Jim greets her with a smile, "Hello again Milly, any idea where he's taking us?"

"I'd say to Wembley but said we have two stop to make so I think he's just kidnapping us."

Freddie sighs with a smile, "I am in the car you know. We are going to Wembley just one more stop."

Amelia grins changing the subject, "You ever been to a rock concert, Jim?"

"No. This will be a first for me."

She couldn't believe that "You've been at least one concert though?"

"Nope, not one."

Sitting quietly Freddie grins watching the two chat back and forth seeing properly for the first time how wrong he had been with Paul. He believed that Amelia was just against him being with anyone other than Mary but boy was he wrong.