First Christmas

We reached 20k+ reads and 1k+ votes on this story thank you so much.

A beautiful wedding two weeks before Christmas saw Jessica and Gwilym get married. It was smaller than Amelia and Ben's wedding but it was the way they wanted it.

The Christmas holiday came around and Amelia is excited for baby Freddie's first Christmas. Christmas Eve, Ben and Amelia sat in their bedroom wrapping the many presents they have brought for him as well as the rest of the families.

This year Christmas is a big one in the Mercury household as everyone has been invited lunch. Christmas morning Amelia is up bright and early, turns out that it wasn't just luck that first night, Freddie is a good baby and already has a good sleeping routine.

She slowly gets herself ready for the day before heading into the nursery. As normal Freddie is already awake gurgling away to himself. He smiles and squeals when he sees his mum, clapping his hands.

Lifting him out the crib she changes him, feeds him and dresses him in an adorable reindeer baby grow, "Shall we go wake daddy, hum...?" She coos kissing his nose, "Ben love, I think someone is ready for Christmas."

Ben stirs yawning, "Well we best not keep him waiting." Taking his son in his arms kissing Amelia's lips he grins, "Happy Christmas babe." By the time they have finished their breakfast Freddie and Jim appear in the living room ready to open presents.

"Merry Christmas Darlings," Freddie greets with excitement taking his grandson on his hip, the two are inseparable.

The large pile of presents under the tree is ridiculous, Amelia is certain that most of them belong to her son.

It took them two hours to get through all the presents, toys, books and an endless amount of clothes for baby Freddie meant that the new parents wouldn't have to buy anything think for the next year or two.

Amelia had brought Ben some new shirts, a new watch and a book he had wanted. Ben brought her a gorgeous bracelet to match the necklace her brought her with their son's fingerprint on it, new shoes and some perfume.

Not long before lunch is ready Brian and Anita are the first to arrive, followed by Angela then Roger and Debbie and lastly the Deacons. Christmas dinner is filled with chatter and laughter. Even more, presents are exchanged after dinner before the scribble board, alcohol and the camera came out.

Beaming Amelia watches her son get passed from person to person for cuddles, staying Veronica's arms more than once. Her son has been truly spoilt for his first Christmas.

------

New years eve was less eventful though Amelia and Ben went to watch the fireworks while Jim and Freddie looked after baby Freddie.

"Are you sure you don't mind looking after him?" Amelia frets, this is the first time since Freddie's birth that Amelia and Ben have gone out without him.

"Of course we don't mind, now go see those fireworks then Ben take her for a drink after," Jim takes the little boy and Ben takes her hand leading her out the door.

January came around with its usual doom and gloom though they did celebration Ben's 20th birthday. The last week of the month Ben had to go away for the week on a training course ready for Fallen Angelz' next tour in Japan and Europe.

"Are you sure you'll be okay for the week? I can cancel it." He worries about packing his suitcase.

"We will be fine, I have Jim and the others if I need them," She'd love to say she has her dad to help too but since Christmas Freddie has sadly lost more of his strength and more weight. He doesn't have must energy most days and when he does he uses it for recording sessions.

The last night before Ben came home Amelia woke to her son crying, the cold he started with at the beginning of the week is nearing its end now but it's still keeping him up.

Dragging herself out of bed to the nursery she tiredly pushes the door open to find her dad holding him, "Dad? What are you doing up?" She whispers expecting him to be in bed.

"I am spending some time with my grandson," baby Freddie's crying has already started to cease staring at his Grandpa in wonder, "You've been up with him every night this week and you need some sleep your exhausted. Go back to bed I've got him."

She hesitates, her dad needs the sleep and she doesn't want him to run out of energy halfway through the night, "Are you sure? You need to sleep as well, dad."

"I have enough energy for this, sweetheart. It won't long before I can't pick him up and look after him for a night so the two of you can sleep or have a night out. Let me do this now, you need sleep more than me at the present moment." Freddie rocks him lowering her son back into his crib.

"Okay," She sighs in defeat, "You know where everything is right?"

"Changing stuff is there," He points to his left, "Milk is in the fridge downstairs, just needs heating in the microwave. Yes, I've got everything."

Amelia has recently switched from breastfeeding to bottle feed since it means that Ben can feed Freddie on the nights he gets up with him, "Okay, well I'm next door if you do need me."

He hugs her tightly kissing her the top of her head, "I know where to find you but please don't lay there awake. Get some sleep."

She kisses her sons forehead before kissing her dad's cheek, "Thank you, dad." She went back to her room and is fast asleep in minutes.

Back in the nursery Freddie seat in the rocking chair with Miko in his lap, ready to pick his grandson up the moment he cries. Since his birth, baby Freddie now has a thick lot of dark hair on his head, he has started smiling and laughing.

Despite her worries, Amelia is an amazing mum she is calm and patient around him, showering him with affection. Freddie has started being mothered by her too, making him go to bed if he stays downstairs too late, making sure he eats and drinks enough. He honestly felt like their roles have switched.

When his grandson starts fussing again he moves Miko from his lap and pads over to the crib. Placing a hand on the baby's chest shushing him, rubbing a finger over his soft cheek. When baby Freddie's fussing doesn't cease, Freddie picks him up checking napping before heading downstairs to the fridge.

He warmed the bottle up and took it back upstairs sitting in the rocking chair watching the baby feed.

Sadly in February before the tour, Jerry had passed away alongside Tom. Amelia and Freddie were devastated but he had a good life, 16 years old and had a life full of luxury.

A week later the girls and Ben went out on their tour, baby Freddie coming with them alongside, Gwilym, Joe and Adam. They returned from the tour a month later and started on their next album.

Sorry about Tom and Jerry at the end there, I know you probably hate me for that but they were in the entire story and sadly not all cats live forever. I realised when writing them into one of the later chapters that they would be quite old by this time.

Also sorry this was so bitty and a shorter chapter but the next two chapters will be longer as they are the last two chapters.