Doctors

Amelia's POV

Veronica's jaw drops, "Please tell me that's not yours, Milly?"

My tears start falling again, "Please don't tell dad or Deaky."

She takes the test from my hand, "You're going to have to tell him sometime, Milly. You're pregnant that's no small task. You're going to need all the support you can get."

"I am going to tell him but I want to go to the doctors first and have them confirm it. I know the likelihood of the test being wrong is very slim but I'd rather the doctors proof before I tell my dad or Ben."

"Ben doesn't know."

I shook my head, I haven't really through about Ben but this is going to affect him to and I have no idea how he will react, "I only found out an hour ago. They will ring my dad if I go to the doctors alone but if I go with an adult they won't. That's why I'm here to ask you to come with me."

She looks torn, I am asking her to keep something from her husband but it's not forever, "You do realise your dad is going to murder Ben for this, I'm not criticising because that would make me a hypocrite but you know your dad will see red before he comes to his senses. I think John, Brian and Roger will too, maybe even Jim. When did this happen?"

"Prom Night"

"That was over a month ago."

I feel so stupid for not realising, I got a B in Biology for godsakes you'd think that would have helped, "I know, it honestly didn't occur to me. I hadn't realised until today that I missed two cycles but it would explain the sudden sickness I've been getting. Please will you come with me?"

She sighs in defeat, "Do you have an appointment?"

"Yeah I made one before I came over, it's in 30 minutes. You're not going to tell Deaky are you?"

"I can't keep it from him but, if you promise me that you will tell Ben and your dad once the doctor confirms it, then I won't say anything. Deal?"

I need to do this one way or another and this seems the best option, "I'll be telling them anyway, probably when you guys come over for my birthday so deal."

She told me to put the test away and follow her down to the living room, Veronica bends down the kiss John on the cheek, "John, love I'm nipping out for a while to help Milly with some women's stuff, I'll be back later. Can you pick up the kids from school?" John nods knowing better than to argue or ask further questions.

------

Sat in the waiting room I have never felt so nervous in my life, I know it's going to be the same result but I am praying that there might be the smallest chance the test is wrong.

I bounce my legs nervously waiting to be called in when Veronica places her hand on my knees and in my hand, "Milly calm down. It's going to be okay, we'll all support you. And you have other options if you don't want to keep this baby."

"I'm not having an abortion, I have nothing against it I just know that even if I don't want to be a mum yet there are people out there that would love this baby."

"That's a very grown-up way of looking at it, this decision is yours and Ben's to make. Don't let anyone push you into doing something you don't want to do. Some people might tell you that you are too young but if you really want to keep this baby then they don't have a say." She would have continued but the doctor called me in.

"Good afternoon Miss Mercury, please take a seat," I sit in the chair closest to her and Veronica take the one next to me, "It's been a while since I last saw you, how can I help you today?"