New Beginnings

The sound of a baby fussing is what woke Amelia from her sleep, rubbing the sleep from her eyes she looks to her right the find Ben in the chair next to the hospital bed cradling their son, "I think he's hungry," Ben smiles upon seeing her awake.

Sitting up Ben passes the fussy baby over and she unbuttons her pyjama top letting her son latch on and his fussing settles down, "Is that better, hum...?" She coos taking in every detail of the baby boy in her arms.

He has her dark hair but his skin is lighter thanks to Ben. He has a cute little button nose and she's hoping he will have Ben's gorgeous green eyes, "Where's V?" she whispers noticing she's not in the room.

Amelia leans into Ben as he sits on the bed next to her, "She's gone to call everyone starting with your dad and my mum."

She snorts a laugh, "She's going to have a big bill for us when she's finished, there are so many people to tell."

Re-buttons her top she brings her son onto her shoulder to wind him, "We should think of a name for him." They discussed the name between them until Veronica came back.

The older woman beams upon seeing Amelia awake, "I apologise but it seems that we could a expect a large party to turn up soon."

"Oh god are they all coming?" She loves her family to bits but all over them at once is a bit much.

"Well I called your dad, Jim and Angela they are on their way as is John."

"I'll go down and meet them," Ben offers, kissing his wife's lips before leaving.

Amelia didn't mind that they are the grandparents and Veronica probably wants to go home and sleep, "That's fine, I wanted them to be here. What about the others?"

Veronica continues, "Then Roger said he was getting in the car. Brian sounded like he was tripping over his shoes." Amelia laughs picturing the image settling her son back into her arms, "I haven't rung the girls though."

"That's okay I'll get Ben to ring them later," She wipes the bit of spit-up from her baby's mouth, "looks like your getting a real welcome party," She coos at him, "Would you like to hold him V?"

"Oh yes please," Veronica cradles him sitting on the end of her bed getting happy flashbacks to the birth of her own children, "He's precious Milly. He looks like Ben."

"I'm hoping he will have Ben's eye colour."

"You got a name for him yet?"

Amelia grins pleased with the name they have chosen, "We have but you'll have to wait until the others get here." She takes her son back as Ben comes back in with Freddie, Jim, John and Angela behind him.

Freddie is first to her side gently wrapping her in a hug without squishing the baby, "I'm proud of you, sweetheart," He looks down at the baby in her arms and beams, "He's gorgeous. Can I hold him, darling?"

She grins nodding, "Of course."

Beaming Freddie takes him from her arms rocking him gently, "My first grandchild, we have something for him." Jim passes them the gift and she pulls the bow off letting the paper fall away as Ben comes to her other side to see what it is. It's a fluffy blue baby blanket with Mercury-Jones sewn into the bottom of the right corner, "You can put is his first name in if you want to."

"It's lovely, thank you, Dad, Jim. Oh, and thank you for the mobile Uncle Deaks."

The corners of John's eyes crinkle when he smiles showing his age, "your welcome, I enjoyed making it."

"Can we know his name?" Freddie asks taking his grandson over to Jim and Angela. She doesn't get a chance to reply as Roger and Brian enter the room.