Scan

In the past three days, her pregnancy symptoms have changed. Her morning sickness has gone except when she smells something she doesn't like and she has a proper pregnancy glow.

The morning of her 16-week scan Amelia woke feeling like her normal self again. Though still a little nervous for the scan she feels her babies small fluttering movements and it helps to calm her.

Much like the other morning, she woke in the same position wrapped in Ben's arms his hand resting on her bump, her mind happy and bright. Rolling over to face him, she giggles when he wraps his arms tighter cuddling her close.

She leaves hot kisses over his bare chest, up his neck before pecking his lips. Moaning softly his eyes flutter open with a lazy smile and he returns the kiss.

They lay there for a while no words needs until her stomach gave a low growl making them both laugh, "I think someone is hungry," Ben chuckles pecking a kiss on the tip of her nose.

Listening to her stomach Amelia rolls out of bed grabbing her clothes for the day, leggings and her favourite button up top.

Though a touch on the snug side the leggings went on fine, however, pulling the shirt around her front and she couldn't do the buttons up she groans loudly, "Ben!" He hums from the bathroom, "My shirt doesn't fit over my chest, my boobs have even got bigger."

Ben paused mid-way through combing his hair trying to work out how that is a bad thing. He leans against the doorway of the bathroom thinking of the best way to respond without upsetting or annoying her, "Just put something else on. You'll be able to wear it again after the baby is born."

"But it's my favourite and I wanted to wear it today," She whines at his none helpful suggestion.

He turns another idea, "Why not leaving it unbuttoned?"

She rolls her eyes pouting, "Because I think the rest of the world might have a problem with that."

Chuckling he shakes his head, "No what I mean is, why not leave it unbuttoned and put a vest top or something underneath it?"

Her pout turns into a grin, "That's not a bad idea. I'm going to have to go shopping for maternity clothes at some point though." Finally getting changed she heads downstairs for breakfast leaving Ben to finish getting ready.

------

They sat in the waiting room for a few minutes until the nurse called them through and starts asking Amelia questions once she is lying on the bed, "How have you felt over the last few weeks? Any problems?"

"No, no problems um... my morning sickness has gone but my cravings and mood swings are intense. We have felt the baby move too."

"Already?" the nurse asked surprised.

"Is that a bad thing?" Ben worries reading Amelia's thoughts her hand grasped tight in his.

"Oh no quite the opposite, most women don't feel the baby move until after the 17-week mark but it's not a bad thing, it usually means that the baby is strong and healthy. No two pregnancies are the same." The nurse squirts the ultrasound gel onto Amelia's bump, moving the wand over the area the little screen comes to life.

Turning the screen for them to see the nurse starts explaining, "so the feet are down here on the left-hand side, that will be the movement you felt. Then the head is up here to the right-hand side. As I said baby looks healthy and strong. Would you like to hear the heartbeat?"

They both nod and a rapid train like heartbeat fills the room. Amelia can't help her tears and neither could Ben, he kisses the back of her hand, "The placenta with the cause of the miscarriage last time, is there any problems this time?" Amelia asks.