New Normal

Guys, I failed my driving test 😭 but this chapter cheers me up.

In the weeks following the wedding, Amelia and Ben went away on their two-week honeymoon then came home and Ben moved into Garden Lodge properly, unfortunately, Frankie couldn't come with him because of the cats. Fallen Angelz finished recording their second album.

The album was released just before Christmas and thanks to the Christmas shopping rush it was another successful album. Following the new year, Fallen Angels went on their American tour in the January while Queen started working on their 13th studio album, however they are only recording in short sessions and when Freddie has the energy.

Mid-March saw the return of Fallen Angelz and in the days after their return, Ben and Amelia got settled into normal life for a while.

Two weeks after the end of the tour, Ben come home after meeting up with Gwilym to a quiet household. He found Joe in the kitchen cooking, "Hey Joe, where is everyone?"

Concentrating on the vegetables he is cutting Joe absent-mindedly answers his question, "Afternoon Ben, Freddie is at the studio, Jim is working late at the salon and I think the little miss is upstairs in your room."

It makes Ben smile that Joe still calls Amelia little miss, "Then I will go and find her, smells good by the way." He left him to his work heading upstairs.

Coming towards their shared bedroom, "Babe?" he calls pushing the door open to see Amelia fast asleep in the middle of the bed hugging his pillow.

Chuckling he leans down to brush some off hair face, she stirs a little hugging the pillow even more but doesn't wake. Kissing her forehead he walks into their attached bathroom in need of a shower.

Upon hearing the sound of the shower running Amelia stirs burying her nose further into Ben's pillow, it smells of him a mix of so many things, aftershave, shower gel and cologne. The smell mixed together is intoxicating and she loves it.

Eventually rolling over onto her back Jerry, who had been sat on the window seat until now, jumps down and then up onto the bed curling himself up on top of her stomach, purring happily.

Lying there quietly Amelia runs her fingers through his fur, she listens to the water running and Ben singing softly in the shower. He's not the most amazing singer in the world but he could sing.

She hadn't realised how long she lay there until the shower turns off and she heard Ben get out, he re-enters the bedroom in nothing but a towel around his waist giving her a clear view of his toned chest.

He chuckles feeling her eyes following him around the room, "You just going to stare?"

"Yes, I'm your wife, I'm allowed too," she smirks, "maybe you should take the towel off too." To her annoyance, he puts his boxer shorts on and then takes the towel off she scoffs, "spoilsport."

Not saying another word he chuckles again grabbing his t-shirt and joggers going back into the bathroom but leaving the door open to give her a teasing view as he applies his shaving cream, "you don't need to put that shirt on."

He laughs properly this time smile settling on his lips, "I think your dad might have something to say about that and everyone else."

She shrugs sitting up against the headboard, "And?" he just rolls his eyes, "Did you know it's considered rude to deny the wants of a pregnant woman."

"Yeah well your not a pregnant woman so it doesn't matter..." he wipes away to last of his shaving cream and stands in the doorway watching her smirk. His brain takes a minute to catch up with her meaning, "Does it?!"