Nineteen

Z

I slowly opened my eyes, as I started coming back. I sat up and grabbed onto my head, feeling intense pain. I looked around and saw I wasn't home. I was surrounded by pitch-black darkness. I felt panic starting up in me. I looked around and saw Belphegor laying on the ground not too far from me.

I quickly got up and ran up to him. "Belphegor." I softly moved him.

"Mmhm." Is he asleep?

I sigh and move him again, "Belphegor, wake up."

He burrowed his eyebrows and slowly sat up, "Can't you see I'm sleeping? Why are you..." His voice drifted away as he started noticing his surroundings. "What did you do?!" Belphegor yelled at me.

"Me?! Not only don't I know where we are, but I don't know what happened?!" I pushed him away. I went and looked around.

"We were trying to save you." Belphegor stood up.

"Save me? From what?" I looked at him confused.

Belphegor explained everything to me. With every word he spoke, my chest tightened. How could that be possible? I felt tears running down my face. Belphegor sighed and wiped away my tears, patting my head.

"Stop crying." He spoke softly. "Crying isn't going to get us out of here." I tried to calm myself down, knowing what he said was true.

"How are we going to get back?" I looked at him.

Belphegor bit his lips, "Let's look around." He grabbed my hand and we started walking around. It felt like we were walking for hours, but every turn we took, it looked the same.

I fell to the ground and wrapped my arms around my knees. "I'm so tired." Belphegor sighed and started looking around, but made sure he wasn't too far from me. Just then we heard a growl. I sat up and looked over to Belphegor, he was concentrating on where the growl was coming from.

It got closer, and I felt goosebumps forming all over my body. "Z!" Belphegor yelled as he ran towards me. I felt something behind me, I slowly turned and saw a beautiful demon in front of me. It growled at me and threw her talons back, was she going to hit me? I wasn't able to move, so I closed my eyes ready for the impact. But what I felt was being hugged from behind and pulled away. I grabbed onto them, and we rolled away from the demon.

I opened my eyes and saw Belphegor looking down at me, "Don't get me wrong, Beel will hate me if I let something happen to you." His face turned red, and he pushed me away and got up.

I got up and looked towards the demon. "'What is that?" I asked him.

"Can't you see, it's you. The demon version of you." Belphegor was about to say something else, but it looked like he had an idea. "I think I know how we're getting out of her." Belphegor looked me in the eyes, "You have to merge with it."

"Merge?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"It's the only way. You probably didn't accept the truth of yourself and it tore you into two. So, if you learn to accept that side of you, then we can get out of here." Belphegor spoke as if he was sure that would work.

I bit my lip and looked towards the demon. She's me, and I am her. If she's me, she must be scared and confused like me. I looked at Belphegor, "Let's do it."

Beelzebub

Mammon and I barely leave their side. Whenever we're about to fall asleep, Satan and Asmo take over, so we can rest. We stopped going to school, but Lucifer would bring our work over, so we could keep up. Levi and Satan decided to do Z and Belphegor's work so nobody gets suspicious, and so they don't fall behind.

Barbatos came in today and checked on them. Diavolo came with him. "I don't understand why they haven't woken up. It's been two years already." Diavolo sighed and sat next to Z. "I have all this power, yet I feel powerless not being able to do anything to help her."

Narrator

Like all the brothers, Diavolo and Barbatos surround Z and Belphegor. It has been two years since Z and Belphegor went into a coma. No matter what they did they didn't wake up. Prometheus and Hercules surprised the brothers with their visit.

When they went to the room where everyone was, they broke into a smile. "Hercules? Prometheus?" Satan stood up and greeted them.

"Don't forget about me." A soft voice giggled from behind the big man. Aphrodite popped out from behind them and made her way towards Z. "My beautiful flower." She leaned in and kissed Z on the forehead.

"Did you guys find anything?" Diavolo stood up and walked over to them.

"I think we have something that can help. But I can't promise you anything." Hercules told him. Diavolo nodded and let Hercules and Prometheus walk over to Z and Belphegor. Prometheus threw a crystal up in front of them. The crystal created a light and showered Z and Belphegor with it. Prometheus closed his eyes and placed his hands on top of their foreheads.

The crystal started flinching and it fell to the floor. "What happened?" Lucifer asked Prometheus.

"I can't tap into their minds." Prometheus lifted an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Diavolo walked up to him.

"He is in her mind. It looks like they are struggling with something in her mind. So until she fights it, they won't be waking up." Prometheus sits down next to them. They all look at each other in disbelief.

The next day, Beelzebub and Mammon sat next to Z and Belphegor. Asmo was brushing Z's hair. "Aphrodite and Aletheia bathed her and I offered to brush her hair." Asmo let them know when they sat down.

They both nodded. "I miss her." Mammon wore a sad look and took Z's hand.

"Me too." Beelzebub looked at Z and then his brother.

After an hour, the lights in the room started flickering and caused the room to shake. Everyone ran into the room. "What's happening?!" Lucifer yelled. The lights exploded and then the room stopped shaking. Everyone looked around, Diavolo created balls of lights to light the room.

Diavolo walked over to his sister to make sure she was alright. When he got closer both Z and Belphegor sat up quickly, coughing trying to catch their breath. Everyone stood there shocked, Barbatos walked in with two glasses of water and gave one to Diavolo and Beelzebub.

Z and Belphegor didn't stop coughing, "I suggest you offer them water." Barbatos snapped them all out of the trance and walked out. Diavolo sat next to Z and helped her drink, and Beelzebub helped Belphegor.

Z and Belphegor looked around and then at each other, "We did!" Z smiled at Belphegor and he laughed.

Diavolo couldn't take it anymore and hugged his sister. Everyone cheered and hugged them. "What happened?" Lucifer asked them.

"It's a long story." Belphegor combed his hair back.

"We waited a long time for you guys, I think we got time for your story." Diavolo squeezed Z's hand softly.

"Alright, you start or I do?" Belphegor smiled.